I installed VZ Navigator on my Storm after I upgraded the OS to 5.0 and now the application center says the software is not installed even though it is. When I upgraded my storm I wiped it clean before I upgraded it to 5.0 so there were no traces of apps left behind. Anyone else see this issue?
    10-28-09 12:02 PM
    I too have problems now with navigator after the upgrade to the new O.S.
    I did the OS update, then after rebooting the phone, lost all the addresses I had stored under Favorites in navigator. I drive truck and depend HEAVILY on Navigator.
    When I DO try to enter a new address under favorites, i can no longer save the address, no matter how many times I hit the save button on both the menu AND the screen.
    Best work-around so far as I NEED to get this up and running has been to try to enter the new address, then when it doesn't save, click "done" anyways, then go to the recently searched folder, find the address you tried to enter, click "add to favorites" and you'll be able to save it that way. Big PITA IMHO, but the only way for now to get it to work.
    I did the same thing you did and tried un-installing it, and although it's supposed to have done that, the icon/program still shows up under my applications????? I got on with Tech support yesterday, and after discussing the issues, we opted to wipe the phone....well don't waste your time...same issues, same problems, and I'm sure the same response from Verizon till they get an updated program out that WORKS with the new Storm OS. Let's just hope it's sooner rather than later. mean time, I'm looking into buying a seperate GPS altogether, many there's too many "gadgets" for the storm to handle, or too few people that write the software that are working on getting the problem fixed. good luck, and will check back to see if any updates are coming! As far as tech support goes, nice gentleman yesterday, pleasant fella, but full of hot air as far as being honest with this issue! Peace out!
    Last edited by CoastCruzer; 10-30-09 at 06:29 AM.
    10-30-09 06:27 AM
    Check your version number. After updating to 5.0 I found an updated version in the DM. Version 4.2.22. It is working fine for me.
    10-30-09 08:07 AM
    I can't even find Navigator on my phone after the upgrade. Where can I get it back from?

Thanks,

Rae Ann
    10-30-09 03:30 PM
    Connect to Desktop Manager Software and go to applications section or on the phone go into the applications folder and if you have an application center icon look there.
    10-30-09 03:33 PM
    On the old version I had an application center but now it is gone. How do I get that back?
    10-30-09 03:35 PM
    Go into DM and load it from there.
    10-31-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD