Yep, that'd be me.

I'm soooo 1999 with my "VoiceMail Only." I want to learn about visual voice mail especially with my oh so capable Storm.

I don't really have a firm grasp of how VVM works and why I must pay Verizon a monthly fee to get it. Would appreciate a quick tech primer on how VVM works, and then a productivity discussion on why I need to pay for VVM and how much more productive I'll be! That way I can justify the cost at home.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    07-13-09 12:38 PM
    07-13-09 01:00 PM
    Go to youmail.com and read up it rocks and its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 01:03 PM
    I wouldn't pay for this. I love verizon, but I'm tired of paying too much for services that can be had for less or for free. As to VVM in general, I find it far to easy to just dial my voice mail...it's 1 button.
    07-13-09 01:11 PM
    Visual Voice Mail - if a voicemail has been left for you, VVM will provide the ability to see the phone number or Contact Name, the time and date of the voicemail as well as the length (in minutes/seconds) of the voicemail itself. VVM also provides the functionality to play back these audio files in any order that you would like and to save/archive these audio files if required.
    If you do not receive very many voicemails, the $2.99 may not be worth it for you, totally up to a persons desires. If you receive moderate or many voicemails, the ability to visually check out the calling number/Contact and the time it was received allows you to decide which voicemail to review. This ability can make the product worth $2.99.
    07-13-09 02:50 PM
    I fall under the category of "never used it, don't miss it". From what I can tell I'm better off not having it installed and having the few extra mb's (kb's?) freed up for the os. Between that and a few other things I didn't need I pretty much run at low 40's high 30's opposed to low 30's-20's. I do a lot less battery pulls now.
    07-13-09 03:43 PM
    Youmail in my opinion is a great free alternative to the Verizon version. It also allows you to give callers a different greeting that you can customize on a per caller basis. I would suggest checking out youmail.com
    07-13-09 04:13 PM
    Go to youmail.com and read up it rocks and its free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Couldn't have said it much better myself!
    07-13-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD