Regardless, even on my old WE and Curve I had 0 problems with running out of memory for apps. The world edition had 32 megs I think and the curve 64. I came close on the WE, but then I realized half the apps I had on there were stupid, and I never used them. My point is that the iPhone isn't without flaws, nor is the Storm, but the storm gets a LOT more negative press about it. I remember when my coworker first got his and he said there were a lot of glitches to it, but the lashing out wasn't nearly as bad as it is with the storm.
    Incorrect. The 8830 (WE) and 8130 (Pearl) both had 64MB. The CDMA Curve (8330) was the first Curve to move to the 96MB memory range. The OS on the Curve allowed for the phone to come out of the box with about 40 or 50MB of free space (depening on what you deleted off the OEM load). As you can see, upping the memory on the Storm (a device which needed a completely different and more space consuming OS) to just 128MB was just pure stupidity on RIM's part. I would have never let the device leave the development process without at least 256MB allocated on the device. RIM has no idea what people in the consumer market need. They need more staff and testers that can think like consumers and not business people. We need the memory because we don't lock out phones down with BES limiting policies and don't use them just for email. We may have tons of apps that we want to load on device. RIM needs to step up.
    12-07-08 12:28 PM
76 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD