Well this has been bugging me since i first downloaded and install the Visual Voicemail app but was lazy to post about it thinking in the OS update it would be fixed but it hasn't. My complaint is that when I go listen to the voicemail it is very low even when i put it on max volume, but when i put headphones on, it sounds perfect... why does it do that and is there a solution to fix that?

and my other thing is, is there no rewinding or forwarding for songs? like i want to skip to a part of a song or if i want to rewind it a few seconds to re-listen to the same part again.
    12-08-08 08:58 AM
    The only reason i'm saying this is because i thought the same thing... It only plays throught the handset/headset, not the speakers that i'm aware of. I was standing there with the Storm in my hand in front of me going "why can't I hear this?", then it occured to me to put the phone to my ear...duh
    12-08-08 09:01 AM
    The only reason i'm saying this is because i thought the same thing... It only plays throught the handset/headset, not the speakers that i'm aware of. I was standing there with the Storm in my hand in front of me going "why can't I hear this?", then it occured to me to put the phone to my ear...duh
    LOL yeah same hear. I was so baffled and then when i heard it through the back speaker I was like, this is pretty ********. I don't want to keep doing that every time i want to listen to my voice mail or have to find a pair of headphones to plug in
    12-08-08 09:05 AM
    Dont want to be a pain in the *** but i would know if anyone has experienced this... this got pushed back to the 3rd page so i doubt anyone would have even noticed this
    12-08-08 12:41 PM
    Mine's not doing that w/ the VVM - it works fine. However the music thing - yeah. Sucks. Hoped the OS would fix it but it didn't. Looks like we're waiting for .85 in March...
    12-08-08 01:00 PM
    Yes, it's doing the same on mine. VVM messages are VERY low when listening through the handset.
    12-08-08 01:21 PM
    and my other thing is, is there no rewinding or forwarding for songs? like i want to skip to a part of a song or if i want to rewind it a few seconds to re-listen to the same part again.
    Yes there is. With the song playing or paused if you touch the screen (don't click just touch) about 1/2 way up the screen a progress bar will appear above the Play/Stop controls at the bottom of the screen. You can now hover over the progress bar and move it to any position in the track. Took me a while to figure this one out.
    12-08-08 01:34 PM
    well problem solved... for some reason i could never get into the menu when i clicked then menu button and i finally did and just activate speaker and it works.. woo!
    12-08-08 01:59 PM
    Yes there is. With the song playing or paused if you touch the screen (don't click just touch) about 1/2 way up the screen a progress bar will appear above the Play/Stop controls at the bottom of the screen. You can now hover over the progress bar and move it to any position in the track. Took me a while to figure this one out.
    I knew i had seen it before in my music.. i just wish it was there constantly. oh well. Thanks man
    12-08-08 02:04 PM
    well problem solved... for some reason i could never get into the menu when i clicked then menu button and i finally did and just activate speaker and it works.. woo!
    Thanx, I just did that and it works, and it holds the setting
    12-08-08 02:21 PM
    Thanx, I just did that and it works, and it holds the setting
    What menu?? VVM? I dont see any options in the VVM menu screen
    12-08-08 02:45 PM
    What menu?? VVM? I dont see any options in the VVM menu screen
    Keep pressing the menu button until the screen comes up and it will say activate speaker. i dont know why this wasn't the default setting
    12-08-08 02:53 PM
    When using VVM, instead of going into the menu to activate the speaker, simply click the speaker icon at the top right of the screen. From this point, it will remain on.
    Last edited by Minacious; 12-08-08 at 03:24 PM.
    12-08-08 03:06 PM
    When using VVM, instead of going into the menu to activate the speaker, simply click the speaker icon at the top right of the screen. From this point, it will remain on.
    Cool, thank-you. That will work for now, but I still would like to be able to hear it through the private speaker...is there going to be a fix for this?
    12-08-08 03:51 PM
    I started a new thread a few minutes ago before finding this one. I'm having the same issue. Listening through the handset is ultra low volume even when turned all the way up. I know I can listen to it fine through the speakerphone, but don't want everyone hearing my voice messages. So no one knows how to fix this? I love the feature, but this is ridiculous.
    12-12-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD