Not sure about this, ive only had my storm for a few days, but when im watching a movie, the volume rocker works but there is no indication (nothing on the screen). But when im in the home screen or on any other program for that matter, the volume rocker does nothing when pressed. Is this suppose to be? typically all of my past phones have had the volume rocker, and it lets you lower the volume and make the volume louder or even put it on vibrate. can somebody clarify.
    01-14-09 10:18 PM
    That is normal. I'm not sure why, but I wish the volume rocker still controlled the sound profiles. And when your watching a video you can tap the screen (not click) and the bar will pop up on the bottom that shows you the volume level to the far right.
    01-14-09 10:27 PM
    Not sure about this, ive only had my storm for a few days, but when im watching a movie, the volume rocker works but there is no indication (nothing on the screen). But when im in the home screen or on any other program for that matter, the volume rocker does nothing when pressed. Is this suppose to be? typically all of my past phones have had the volume rocker, and it lets you lower the volume and make the volume louder or even put it on vibrate. can somebody clarify.
    I'm not sure if these have to do will all cell phones because same expereice my past phones can chamge with the volume rocker. Not sure ifthis smartphone or blackberry related though that feature would be nice lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 10:30 PM
    im really in love with the storm. i was timid about buying the phone because of surplus of terrible reviews/problems and the scarcity of awesome reviews. But once i took a chance, aside from these obvious ommissions from the phone, im absolutely in love with the phone. These premadonna issues that people speak of, are so minor the phone is awesome. But hopefully someone may make a 3rd party application that will allow the volume rocker to do its true job
    01-14-09 10:33 PM
    I hope there will eventually be an app that will expand the functionality of the volume rocker to also scroll when the contact page or call log is opened and to scroll when the browser is open.

I would also like to see multiples functions for the convenience buttons such as toggle the cursor when the browser till open.

These buttons are a huge plus for the Storm compared to other touch screens. Gotta love the browser cursor.
    01-14-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD