Largest Storm Frustration:

There is truly nothing worse that toggling the volume of a song/podcast/whatever, and having said media file restart or progress to the next file.

Is there a way establish the volume keys as JUST volume keys and remove the next file/previous file capability?

Is nobody else frustrated with this?
    Also, I do not believe that I am holding the +/- key too long, sometimes it happens, other times it doesn't. 100% of the time, its annoying.

Help. Please. Thank You.
    04-05-09 12:41 PM
    ...This may be a bug, but I've struggled with it at every incremental beta OS leak (from .75 ot .114h3)

Ideas
    04-05-09 12:58 PM
    I agree. I also find adjusting the Volume with those side keys is not easy. I would prefer if the Touch Screen had a Volume Slider.
    04-05-09 01:03 PM
    It would be nice to receive validation that this is a problem and not user error/ beta OS bug.
    04-05-09 01:07 PM
    I haven't had this problem and don't know if this will work but try changing your Key Rate. I know that this fixes the App Switcher problem from showing up when you press the BB Key, so it may work for your problem too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 01:08 PM
    (Extremely happy that you related it to my second largest bb frustration: app switcher)

If I could molest these birds with one stone, I'd be quite pleased. What level do you recommend I set my Key Rate to?
    04-05-09 01:41 PM
    Go to your Screen/Keyboard settings and lower your key rate. This will make it a larger difference between the tap and the hold. if it's too sensitive, even what feels like a tap to you, is a hold to the storm.
    I searched our poorly organized forums and found this 'solution'. Although I believe these dual-purpose keys are a poor idea, this fix will have to do.

Thanks for your help and attention.
    04-05-09 01:47 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me today ..very frustrating and annoying. A device of this stature should have a slide volume within the OS

04-05-09 02:19 PM
    I have had problems with this as well. Maybe you have to press down harder on the keys? I haven't found a solution yett
    04-05-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD