Hi everyone, im new here =).. But NeWays.

I've recently switched from the Curve to the Storm,

For some reason on my storm when I speak to people sometimes they dont hear me well. Even if i hold the phone directly by my mouth they say i sound a little muffled.

Just want to know if anyone else has been having an issue like this?

Im within my 30 days so I could exchange if Needed.
    01-29-09 11:07 AM
    People tell me that sometimes too. I hope that can be fixed through future OS updates.
    01-29-09 11:08 AM
    I have had two storms both with the same issue, that is why I am now back with a curve.
    01-29-09 11:18 AM
    I haven't had this issue on either of mine. Just give them a call and let them know what's going on and I'm sure they will work with you to get it fixed.

Edit: Maybe call them from the phone and sound all muffled where they can't hear you well and they will get the idea. LoL
    01-29-09 11:22 AM
    Same has happened here. You have to be VERY AWARE of how you are holding the storm , it seems. However, I LOVE MY STORM!
    01-29-09 11:23 AM
    I am having the same problem. I stopped into the Verizon store this morning. They are sending me a brand new Storm.
    01-29-09 11:32 AM
    bring it back and get a replacement. I too had the same problem, new unit much better.
    01-29-09 12:08 PM
    Same problem. It's hit or miss for me.

If I bring the mic closer to my mouth, it works.

Speakerphone is crystal clear.

Someone told me it has to do with the noise-reduction technology they tried to implement (this is hearsay, I'm not even sure it's true)

Whatever it is, the problem is prevalent enough for me to hope that it's a firmware issue that can be resolved and not defective hardware at play.
    01-29-09 12:12 PM
    I have a similar problem. The verizon tech I spoke to said she could not hear a problem (liar or stupid) and told me to go to a store to test it. Speakerphone works better which just strange. My wired headset sounds great so I think it might be software related.
    01-29-09 12:47 PM
    search around - there are quite a few threads on this. As stated above, a wired or BT headset sounds great. The mic does make you sound like there is a sock over the phone. While I think some are probably worse than others, I think any people don't notice or care. I do - I tested my existing Moto Q9c, a iPhone, a Sprint Touch Pro and the Storm together leaving voicemails to my office phone and the Storm was the worse. I could have probably lived with it knowing that an OS fix would help, but my ear piece was crap too. So instead of possibly trading in multiple times, I decided to return it and go back to my Sprint phone until the OS and hardware gets a little better.
    01-29-09 01:32 PM
    I had the same problem. Return it and get a new one!
    01-29-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD