My voice mail indicator (i.e., the small cassette tape icon) always indicates that I have one voice mail. I have checked my visual voice mail - there are none. I have called my voice mail and properly logged out. But it always says I have one.

And, after I get new voice mails, and then subsequently delete them, the red light continues to blink non-stop until I reset.

Yes, I have done a battery pull. Any ideas? Just a bug>?
    11-21-08 11:35 PM
    My voice mail indicator (i.e., the small cassette tape icon) always indicates that I have one voice mail. I have checked my visual voice mail - there are none. I have called my voice mail and properly logged out. But it always says I have one.

And, after I get new voice mails, and then subsequently delete them, the red light continues to blink non-stop until I reset.

Yes, I have done a battery pull. Any ideas? Just a bug>?
    My cousin has the same problem. they havent figured it out for him yet. If they do, ill post
    11-21-08 11:40 PM
    i had that happen once on my pearl (you wanna talk about an original OS with problems) when the phone froze while I was deleting the missed call message, couldn't get rid of it till I reloaded the OS
    11-21-08 11:43 PM
    i had that happen once on my pearl (you wanna talk about an original OS with problems) when the phone froze while I was deleting the missed call message, couldn't get rid of it till I reloaded the OS
    Mine was doing the same thing all day today. I just got done reloading the OS and it's finally gone! The link for the OS is

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-21-08 11:48 PM
    I have seen this with other phones before and usually it ends up being on Verizon's end... you can either call them and have them clear it for you, or try calling yourself from another line and leave yourself a voicemail. Then go in and listen to it and delete it... that should fix it.
    Also... I ALWAYS exit voicemail by using the * key instead of just hanging up, that has always cleared the indicator for me (and usually much sooner than if I had just hung up)
    11-21-08 11:51 PM
    I have seen this with other phones before and usually it ends up being on Verizon's end... you can either call them and have them clear it for you, or try calling yourself from another line and leave yourself a voicemail. Then go in and listen to it and delete it... that should fix it.
    Also... I ALWAYS exit voicemail by using the * key instead of just hanging up, that has always cleared the indicator for me (and usually much sooner than if I had just hung up)

+1 . . happens on a few of my phones.
    11-22-08 12:51 AM
    On a lot of previous Verizon phones there's an option to clear the voice mail counter on the phone's end. I don't know if the Storm has one of these since I don't have mine in hand, but it might be worth searching through the menus for awhile to look.
    11-22-08 12:58 AM
    Mine was doing the same thing all day today. I just got done reloading the OS and it's finally gone! The link for the OS is

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    What exactly did you do? I downloaded the v4.7 package by entering my phone number, then installed it on my computer, plugged in my phone and let it update. That didn't do anything. I thought it was going to reset the entire OS, but everything looks exactly the same when I turn my phone on.
    11-22-08 01:15 AM
    FIXED.

I tried everything including reloading the OS - didn't work.

I called CS, had them remove regular voicemail ("VM") and visual voicemail ("VM") from my plan. I did a battery pull. Set up my VM all over again. And noticed that there was still the tape indicator with the number 1.

I did NOT set up VV at this point.

I had the CS leave me a message. I checked it through VM, deleted it, and pressed * to log off properly. Done. All VM indicators gone.

Set up VV, and now I'm ready to go.
    11-22-08 10:10 AM
    FIXED.

I called CS, had them remove regular voicemail ("VM") and visual voicemail ("VM") from my plan. I did a battery pull. Set up my VM all over again. And noticed that there was still the tape indicator with the number 1.

I had the CS leave me a message. I checked it through VM, deleted it, and pressed * to log off properly. Done. All VM indicators gone.

Just a note that my new Storm had this same problem and this is THE fix. Just call CS, remove Visual Voicemail, let them leave a message. Go through the normal voicemail route to listen to and delete the message, then poof, the icon is gone! Then have them turn Visual Voicemail back on!
    11-26-08 09:00 PM
    FIXED.

I did this today and it works...clears up the whole problem. I had them remove both vm and vvm then setup up my vm again. Made a message, then erased it. Now everything was cleared up. Finally called vw and had vvm put back on.
    Thanks

EDIT: Mods please delete, someone had faster fingers.
    Thanks
    11-26-08 09:42 PM
    When You Set Up Visual Voicemail, Make Sure You Have 0 Zero Voicemails In Your Regular Vm. B/c When Your Vm Is Installed, Its Going To Calculate Those Messages And It Will Never Go Away, Unless You Do That Fix.

This Happened W/ Both Of My Storms.. Yes, Two.. I Am Already On My Second.. The 1st One Turned Off 2 Weeks After I Got It And Never Turned Back On!

Anyways, The Fix Above Works, But Its Much Easier To Set Up Your Visual Vm When You Have No Voicemails.
    12-14-08 09:16 PM
    The above referenced fix worked for me as well. While on the phone with the rep, she checked and found this as a reported issue with the fix described here attached. So if you call Verizon, mention that to the rep! Thanks!
    02-26-09 12:38 PM
    I also have the same problem and appreciate all of your help, but what does CS stand for?
    Thanks.
    Maybe my other problem is related. When actually have multiple Voice Mails I do not get any indication on my home page other than 1 and the icon mentioned. I thought I did prior to upgrading to version 5.xxx
    Last edited by salvee; 03-05-10 at 06:25 AM.
    03-05-10 06:18 AM
    customer service.
    03-05-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD