hi all
    i'm not sure what's happening with my Storm but let me make that quick. 2 weeks ago i bought a Vodafone UK Storm that i got unlocked. it was working perfectly until yesterday. Basically since yesterday i can't call people anymore, the only things that i can do are to receive mails and browse internet. When it comes to call people the phone says Call Failed. So first thing i did is to put my sim card in my old nokia (i'm on O2) and it worked straight away.
    Can you guys tell me what's happening with the phone calls? All my friends have been trying to call me yesterday and apparently they go straight to my voicemail...
    What i don't get is that my data plan works but not my voice plan (in phone status it says Voice : not connected)

I need help please
    12-04-08 04:45 AM
    This is probably something that you will need to contact o2 about.

Just tell them you have an unlocked sim free Blackberry as if you mention the Storm thay may not help you as they don't support that model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 05:40 AM
    Your IMEI is probably on the Blacklist. Go to a vodafone store they can probably confirm that to you.
    12-04-08 05:53 AM
    I'm afraid it sounds like it's been blacklisted by the network. I usually unlock my Vodafone mobiles so I can use a cheap local PAYG SIM when I'm on holiday. I was thinking of doing this with my Storm but Im a bit dubious now. Did you buy it from Vodafone?

12-04-08 06:09 AM
    If his device was on the blacklist then he wouldn't get e-mails or browser either. I don't think theres a black list for unlocked Storms anyway.

Unless the person who sold you the Storm via ebay has now reported it stolen to either get a new phone or claim on insurance, so the device would be locked, e-mail the seller & ask them to confirm they sold you the storm in good faith...or something like that.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 12-04-08 at 06:22 AM.
    12-04-08 06:10 AM
    As the storm is built for Vodafone - it would not surprise me if they had built something into the software to stop it from working on unlocked SIMS - did you update the software or apps recently as this will almost certainly have blocked your 02 SIM.

Try a vodafone SIM in there to see if this works.

You may have to get it unlocked again and if you have only partially blocked it by updating some of the contents or the service books have been resent then you may not even be able to do that?

Let me know how you get on
    12-04-08 06:21 AM
    My understanding of unlocking a phone is that once its unlocked it cannot be locked again & software doesn't have anything to do with the locking part of it.

Why is he still getting e-mails & browser if its blocked ?...must be a simpler solution to it thats to do with his voice plan.

Also some people have been given unlock codes & Storms in Europe are unlocked (by law) so how is Vodafone going to know which Storms are locked or not.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 12-04-08 at 06:28 AM.
    12-04-08 06:26 AM
    I agree. I don't think this phone has been blocked.

Probably a network thing. Can you send texts?

Rockoner have you tried a battery pull? Take battery out with the device powered on for 30 seconds then replace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 06:59 AM
    Rokoner is your Storm set to 3G ?...try setting it to 2G & see if that works, maybe theres a problem with 3G network in your area & the signal is maybe just strong enough to get e-mails through but not enough for calls.
    12-04-08 07:13 AM
    i have no idea but i can send emails, browse internet and i do have the BB icon next to the 3G in capitals
    12-04-08 10:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD