can someone pls pm me with that shop in manchester, really is life or death from my wifeee!!!! thanx
    12-22-08 12:37 PM
    Hi Everyone

Just thought of sharing this news with u all.Finally I got my BB storm unlocked,but didn't needed to go anywhere for it.Actually it was USB led unlocking but done over the net via remote USB connection.It was quite quick -though had to put my firewall off for few min& was charged �15.Found about the service on ebay-as unlock by USB -its a good service for people like me who doeas not stay in London,Manchester etc where DM3 services r available.

Cheers
    12-24-08 09:03 AM
    Guys i have my phone unlocked - etc i can call from my phine with my 02 sim, however i cant set up my emails, and o2 say that they dont know what to do either? I havent registered the phone online before on the 02 blackberry site, so anyone know what i need to do?? any help would be appreciated. As i mentioned its only the emails and internet that arent working the phone is fine to make calls and texts from.
    01-12-09 08:40 AM
    Guys i have my phone unlocked - etc i can call from my phine with my 02 sim, however i cant set up my emails, and o2 say that they dont know what to do either? I havent registered the phone online before on the 02 blackberry site, so anyone know what i need to do?? any help would be appreciated. As i mentioned its only the emails and internet that arent working the phone is fine to make calls and texts from.
    First thing you need to do is get a BB tariff. If you are on a simplicity tariff then you need to get a BB bolt on which costs �10 per month. Simply call O2 and say that you want to activate the BB bolt on.

You will then need to go into host routing table and request registration. You will then get a message back saying that you are registered.

After this, go back into email set-up icon and create a username and password from your phone and once this is done go to the O2email.co.uk site and do everything from there.

You will know that you are registered because you will have a BB logo alongside the 3G symbol.

P.S Shoudl say that if you call O2, don't say that you have an unlocked phone....just say work gave one to you or something!
    01-12-09 08:50 AM
    I can confirm that Storm on VF is locked.

Tried with a different sim card and I get the message 'SIM card Invalid'.
    I don't know what the problem is with some of you but I got a storm and it was unlocked. I know for a fact as I put in a sim from a different place and it worked just fine.
    01-12-09 12:18 PM
    I can verify that the Storm that I purchased from VF is unlocked. I bought it on Dec 5th and for the longest time I was trying to see if it was unlocked becuase under the section where you can put in the unlock code it would say 0 tries left. Today I finally found someone that had a different service provider and I put the T-Mobile D card into my storm and after waiting for it to boot it didn't give me any error and it let me call out. Now keep in mind that this is the 9500 from a VF DE shop.
    01-20-09 08:06 AM
    I am a Storm-fan in Belgium. We probably have to wait till mid-2009 to buy a Storm, so I want to buy one from the UK or Netherlands, where they are available.
    We have Proximus as network, but it is linked to Vodafone (we can have Vodefone life for ex.).

Does anyone know that, using my Proximus-simcard, it works on a Vodafone (locked) Storm ?

Thnx !
    Just get one from Vodafone Germany (look on *bay for example, or drive across the border) - they're sold unlocked

peter
    01-20-09 08:15 AM
    Hi guys, first post but ive been on here reading for months trying to get my head round the unlock side!

I have a brand new blackberry storm 9500, Ive never ever used it, made a call or anything on it, its still perfect in box with selophane because I just cant work it out how to get it off the vodafone network. There are so many conflicting reports on here about how to do it or if it can even be done and Im pickled with it all!

So unless one of you kind folk can assist me in sorting out an unlock I think ive just run out of patience with it and will happily sell it to anyone willing to pay 200. It was 400 new and as stated its never ever been used Im just fed up trying to find out how to make it work on any network! get me on 07515714045

Thanks again to all contributors who have posted information but sadly its just not working for me.
    10-29-09 04:05 AM
308 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD