Ive agreed my price plan with Vodafone (191) today as the following:

Free Handset
    18 months contract
    900 Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Unlimited Internet & Email
    Blackberry Email

TOTAL: �37 per month

Really really happy with that. Think its a great deal.

They confirmed that it would be dispatched on Friday for delivery on Saturday morning.
    Last edited by amathus; 11-12-08 at 03:28 PM.
    11-12-08 03:07 PM
    That's quite a bit cheaper than what I'll have to pay in NL...
    300 minutes
    300 texts
    Unlimited internet/email via BIS
    Free storm
    €52,50 a month
    2 year contract, first 12 months €13,- discount

with that I've ordered:
    Insurance + replacement phone
    unlimited texts
    this for an additional €20,-

Not cheap but well worth it considering how much I use it.
    11-12-08 03:25 PM
    How did you get it so cheap amathus? I assume you've been with them for a while or something?

I just ordered mine (switching from Orange) and I went for the 600 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited internet/e-mail for �40 on 18mo contract.

will probably go for insurance through a different company, as Vodafone want �8/mo I think
    11-12-08 04:26 PM
    I would love to come to Voda, if only they offered more to new customers.

Anyone got any ideas how to get more ???
    11-12-08 05:23 PM
    Yeah ive been with Voda for a few years now and i did ask for a good deal out of my loyalty to them.

I actually upgraded to the Xperia X1 before i really knew about the storm a few weeks ago. and i got offered the same deal for 45 quid.
    But i returned the xperia as it was so so slow and cumbersome.

When i spoke with Vodafone again yesterday they offered me the same deal for 40, but i pushed them down to 37.

So all in all ive done pretty well!
    11-13-08 03:52 AM
    Yeah ive been with Voda for a few years now and i did ask for a good deal out of my loyalty to them.

I actually upgraded to the Xperia X1 before i really knew about the storm a few weeks ago. and i got offered the same deal for 45 quid.
    But i returned the xperia as it was so so slow and cumbersome.

When i spoke with Vodafone again yesterday they offered me the same deal for 40, but i pushed them down to 37.

So all in all ive done pretty well!
    Ive got 900 Cross network minutes, Free Evening Calls, Free Weekend calls, Unlimited landline calls, Free voice mail, Unlimited Internet & BIS Server for �37.

I don't think you should really be too pleased with your deal !
    11-13-08 04:04 AM
    thats if you can pick up any reception to take advantage of all that
    11-13-08 04:49 AM
    LOL

The receptions not as bad in recent years as people think, but i'm just annoyed that voda doesn't give people a good deal.
    11-13-08 05:47 AM
    I think all networks reward loyalty however, I do think T mobile gives you the best loyalty rewards just for staying with them. T mobile used to be really bad, but honestly they are a lot better now. Vodafone have always been good and O2 actually. Orange networks sucks!
    11-13-08 05:53 AM

Free Handset
    18 months contract
    900 Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Blackberry Email

They confirmed that it would be dispatched on Friday for delivery on Saturday morning.
    This is what I have for my Bold I think its good but remember unlimited Internet is 500mb a month.... huge hoo ha about it on the VF forum
    11-13-08 06:07 AM

Free Handset
    18 months contract
    900 Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Blackberry Email

Free Handset
    18 months contract
    800 Minutes
    Unlimited Texts
    Blackberry Email

TOTAL: �30 per month
    :-D
    11-13-08 06:34 AM
    This is what I have for my Bold I think its good but remember unlimited Internet is 500mb a month.... huge hoo ha about it on the VF forum
    Do you use more than 500mb a month ?
    11-13-08 06:39 AM
    Do you use more than 500mb a month ?
    I don't right now, but if I tethered my Storm to my laptop I could see the 500Mb limit being restrictive.
    11-13-08 06:42 AM
    They normally do next working day delivery, not sure if they offer phones to be delivered on a Saturday so don't be suprised if you don't get it until Monday!
    11-13-08 06:51 AM
    I have just visited my local Vodafone store (and had a quick play with a demo Storm - LOVELY!!). They ponted out that the price plans on the Vodafone web site only apply to new connections and that as a low value (<�50/mth) customer it is very unlikely that I would get the Storm for free on any tariff. I am number 16 on the waiting list at the store but they are not expecting to get that many phones delivered for tomorrow's launch and have no idea when the next delivery after that will be. Ordering on-line won't help much as apparently they have 80,000 pre-orders to fill before they start fulfilling new orders. I really don't know how I am going to stop myself signing up for a �300 bill for the storm in order to get one this side of Christmas... Eek!
    11-13-08 08:11 AM
    I wonder out of those 80,000 pre-orders how many are existing BB owners & how many are new to the Crackberry. I also wonder if new people are just seeing this as a new cool touchscreen phone & not actually understanding the e-mail part of it as all the reviews, videos etc mainly show the media side & quickly brush over the e-mail part....which BB is renowned for.
    11-13-08 08:32 AM
    I wonder out of those 80,000 pre-orders how many are existing BB owners & how many are new to the Crackberry. I also wonder if new people are just seeing this as a new cool touchscreen phone & not actually understanding the e-mail part of it as all the reviews, videos etc mainly show the media side & quickly brush over the e-mail part....which BB is renowned for.
    I can only speak for myself, but I am new to Blackberry. It was the email that attracted me, but I am more of an email consumer than a generator so when the Storm was announced in October it immediately got my interest as it seems to fit the bill perfectly.

I always thought the iPhone was a bit 'toy like' - I am a software developer by trade and hate oversimplification. The 9500 featureset has the balance right, a 50/50 split between business and pleasure.

I'm a long time Nokia user who is looking forward to his first touch screen since the SonyEricsson P900.
    11-13-08 08:42 AM
    I am a new blackberry user with regards to the Storm.

And in the last few months i have started working from home. I like to take the odd day off sometimes and its important for me to have email at hand.
    I dont plan to be using it 24/7 because for me that would get irritatiing but the option of having email access in front of me along with my full calendar access with appointments and reminders etc, that is exactly why i have gone for the storm.

The glitzy, touch screen phone with all the bells and whistles though is a huge attraction and will appeal to non email users as well id imagine
    11-13-08 08:55 AM
    Year long blackberry user. Went from an 7200 O2 something from ebay, to a Pearl, to a Bold and now (if I get it this weekend!) a Storm. The Blackberry is the perfect phone for me. Everything that I want in one cute little package.
    11-13-08 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD