Picked up my Storm from the Post Office this morning and have been playing with it. Gonna take a bit of getting used to. Number 1 IF I keep it I will have to cut my nails. It aint working with the nails!

2) Vodafone signal is pretty weak in my flat, but maybe a software upgrade will cure that.

3) Slightly lagging but I read I would have to delete some applications to make it less so.

Those are my only current bug bears. No biggies really.

What I love
    The size! Smaller than the Bold, feels great in my hand, nicely rounded. Gorgeous screen.

The Applications already downloaded

flickr, facebook, Vodafone find and go, You tube, google maps, breaking views, BB maps, Docs to to (word, sheet to go, slideshow) Video, voice dialing, Password keeper, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, AOL, ICQ, BBMessenger, Brickbreaker and word Mole.

Picture quality - I was happy with the 2 mega pixels of the Bold so to have a bit more on the Storm is a bonus. Its very good. It will suffice when I'm out and about and need to take pic of shoes or dresses

In the box was a CD, the Storm, stereo headphones and foam buds, getting started guide, leatherette slip case, screen wipe, usb cable, power cable with multiple adaptor heads and battery.

So conclusion
    I'm going to cut my nails and then I will be able to use this phone properly! The gap that people are concerned about, its not much bigger than the gaps on the Bold. I would not worry about that.

PS Sorry the pics are so small!

Last edited by jma78b; 11-15-08 at 05:17 AM.
    11-15-08 05:15 AM
    I forgot. The click isnt loud and annoying. Like I said i'm still getting used to it but it actually seems quieter than when you click the trackball on the Bold.
    11-15-08 05:24 AM
    jma thank you for sharing. Quick question. Did the Vodafone store come packaged with a SD Card?
    11-15-08 05:34 AM
    No memory card - mean Vodafone! Will have to buy one or use small one from my old pearl. I ordered the phone online so not sure if Phones 4 U or dialaphone are giving a memory card with it.
    11-15-08 05:42 AM
    Another thing worth noting is that the usb cable and the power cable, the port is smaller than other Blackberry's so if you have a blackberry power cable from old, this won't fit.
    11-15-08 05:44 AM
    Another thing worth noting is that the usb cable and the power cable, the port is smaller than other Blackberry's so if you have a blackberry power cable from old, this won't fit.
    Very good to know. Better get those nails clipped
    11-15-08 05:57 AM
    I know this might be a dumb question, but here goes................ when you were talking about the preloaded programs I didn't see you mention Blackberry Messager, so is it still on the Storm?
    11-15-08 07:01 AM
    I know this might be a dumb question, but here goes................ when you were talking about the preloaded programs I didn't see you mention Blackberry Messager, so is it still on the Storm?
    I did mention it and yes it still is on the Storm.
    11-15-08 07:05 AM
    I need some clarification. You are using a Vodafone Storm with a T-Mobile Sim correct?
    11-15-08 07:12 AM
    No i am using a vodafone storm with a vodafone sim card. New contract, new phone. I also have a Bold on T mobile sim. I've not updated my signature, phone status or anything on here so please forgive me.
    11-15-08 07:14 AM
    No i am using a vodafone storm with a vodafone sim card. New contract, new phone. I also have a Bold on T mobile sim. I've not updated my signature, phone status or anything on here so please forgive me.
    Understood. Thank you for keeping the community informed.
    11-15-08 07:15 AM
    Jma try uninstalling the Vodaphone live! software if you're finding it sluggish, it seemed to speed things up for me so might be worth a try. Here's how to do it:

Go into Options>Advanced Options>Applications select Vodaphone Live! and hit the BB button, should bring up a contect menu with the option to uninstall/delete. Your Storm will then need to reset for uninstal to complete. Hth

Glen
    11-15-08 07:19 AM
    Don't intend to hijack the thread but:
    What is the purpose of the live! software?
    I have never seen anything about this before..
    11-15-08 07:25 AM
    It's bolted-on propreitry browser that you can use to access premimum content i.e games, themes, music from vodafone. From what I can tell it runs in the backround swallowing up memory and CPU. Uninstalling it made a big difference in speed and stability (at least for me) I guess it would be comparable to VCast over there.
    11-15-08 07:40 AM
    nice, thanks for the mini-mini review
    11-15-08 08:46 AM
    Thanks to all of you guys for the review and the great info!! We much appreciate it.
    11-15-08 08:52 AM
    I'll post some fotos up in a bit, gotta get my Post count up to 10 tho
    11-15-08 09:02 AM
    It's bolted-on propreitry browser that you can use to access premimum content i.e games, themes, music from vodafone. From what I can tell it runs in the backround swallowing up memory and CPU. Uninstalling it made a big difference in speed and stability (at least for me) I guess it would be comparable to VCast over there.
    in other words, it is a piece of crap that nobody wants and still VF puts it on there?
    Thanks for the tip, this will be the first thing to go
    11-15-08 09:50 AM
    I just recieved my Storm today.

And i must confess im using the Pearl-esq keyboard layout even though i HATED the Pearl and was a MASSIVE Curve lover.

I find the keys just alittle too close together when its in landscape mode, and easier to type/browse and bb message when in Portrait mode...

that or ive got massive fingers and thumbs
    11-15-08 10:04 AM
    What do you think of the fact the data plan 500meg vs the G1's 3Gigabytes and the iPhones unlimited ???

YouTube will burn that up easy.
    11-15-08 11:22 AM
    umm i want that phone.
    11-15-08 11:25 AM
    thanks for the review
    11-15-08 11:29 AM
    I find the keys just alittle too close together when its in landscape mode, and easier to type/browse and bb message when in Portrait mode...

Hmmm, maybe having the alias all this time will pay off cus those keys are like....1/4 of what it looks like the storm keys are lol
    11-15-08 11:45 AM
    lol very true.

Although i do like the predictive text function when typing...even when ive got it wrong its attempted to correct it for me.
    11-15-08 12:16 PM
    thanks alot for your input and for the pics!!
    11-15-08 12:31 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD