I rang Voda yesterday to see if they had any plan upgrade information and I was told they did have and that they had some Storms in stock a day early which could be sent out to be received today between 8.00-18.00.

I'm on an old plan for my current Nokia N73 ans was sold a **special existing customer** 24 month package 100mins, 50 texts, unlimited (actually 500Mb/month) internet for �25/month plus a �135 contribution to the handset with P&P. In all this amounted to �735 over 2 years. The offer was made on a 2 week sale or return.

Like a stupid kid in a toy shop I bought it....

I then checked the internet prices. If I walked in off the street I could have got a free handset, 600mins, unlimited texts, unlimited, internet for �40 per month on only an 18 month contract - around �720 . In other words 6 times the talk time, any number of texts, unlimited internet tied in for only 18 rather than 24 months, for �15 less than my "here's a thank you for not going to iphone and O2".

They now won't talk to me about changing the plan, I want at least what the man off the street will get, until I take delivery of the phone today. My guess is I'll have to immediately return it, cancel the plan, then go into a shop and re-buy.

Part of this is my stupidity, but part of it is sharp selling (I had to expliclty cancel a phone protection plan that had been added by default for instance). You have been warned kids, don't take Vodafone!
    11-14-08 01:36 AM
    I'd be very interested in anyone else's experiences with Vodafone to help me handle them today when trying to get my plan changed while keeping hold of the phone. Thanks in advance!
    11-14-08 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD