can i ask what is broken with everyones storm? im new here. got my storm about 2 weeks ago. very happy with it actually. apart from the low battery life but thats beacuse of this. check my thread below. if anyone could help that would be much appreicated.

*edit* cant post links not got 10 posts yet. its in the rants and raves forum and the thread is called "LED help"
    Some people have many issues with the storm. Just look aroound the forums and you will find!
    just a few,

Signal issues
    battery issues
    all buttons unlock on the .141 official from voda

and just notice UP THE MIGS!!!!!

i am sure someone else will add, i suggest that if you got the 14 day bring back thing you take it up. Go get the iphone thats waht i wish i'd done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    dont flame me for this!!!!!
    Last edited by ryangill; 05-28-09 at 05:52 PM. Reason: LTFC
    05-28-09 05:49 PM
    Yes, the headline of this thread is misleading. It's not a recall, it's just a place for people who hate their storms to spam until they get heard.
    05-28-09 09:43 PM
    Damn that's bad news for the rep of the sTorm.
    05-28-09 10:33 PM
    If phone owners didn't damage their phones and go into the store complaining that they are angels, and it happened while on the table while they were sleeping, the techs wouldn't have to be so strict. Shoot, just read some of the posts on here half the time. Damaged phone, how do I get exchanged? Didn't put insurance on my phone, but I'm a big dummy, how do I get a phone for cheap like the people that opted for the insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:17 PM
    i am a regular user to crackberry but had too change my ID! LOL dont want voda to find me!!!!!!

Had a call from one of there Eforum mods today, they are arranging for my storm to be picked up. They are gathering all storms which claim too have a problem and sending them back too RIM. I was told that RIM cannot repeat or find most of the problems we say were having.

The mod also gane me the option of three phones too use when my is away. I was told i can have another storm, the HTC or a 5800!

He said i will have my storm back "fully working" in a cpl of weeks. He then went on to say they really dont want this "offer" discussed in any of the forums because of the amount of "work load" it will cause them.

I am telling you guys this as i think we all deserve the right to have our storms sorted!!!!! one for all, all for one!!!

He said he's gonna call me back too sort out the logistics as this is out of "normal practice".

will let you know of the details as of when i get them!!!
    Mmmmmmmmm ......... Must say your outa order matey and should have kept this to yourself!
    05-30-09 02:17 PM
    i emailed my details to voda waiting for my call
    05-30-09 02:26 PM
    since when?
    I had 4 replacement when I had the Storm.
    After that I gave up and left.
    But before I left, Verizon offered any phone they have as a free replacement.

Few weeks later I got a offer to comeback with free activation and $150 credit.
    There is no expiration date on this offer, so I may use it later.
    05-30-09 03:14 PM
    Lets see if the trade for new device is still running when the storm 2 comes along. I still think my storm works just fine, not 100% perfect but no device (including humans) is ever perfect.
    05-30-09 03:24 PM
    If phone owners didn't damage their phones and go into the store complaining that they are angels, and it happened while on the table while they were sleeping, the techs wouldn't have to be so strict. Shoot, just read some of the posts on here half the time. Damaged phone, how do I get exchanged? Didn't put insurance on my phone, but I'm a big dummy, how do I get a phone for cheap like the people that opted for the insurance?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I actually had this happen with another device, I bought a Zune when they first came out, I had it just over 30 days. One morning I woke up and the screen was cracked, I took it to Best Buy to get it replaced, I had insurance purchased through them. They told me that they don't replace items that were damaged due to neglect. BUT they would replace it if I dropped it in the toilet, left it on the dashboard of my car on the hottest day of the year and the screen melted, or even if I left it outside during a thunderstorm.

Long story short, the Zune was not damaged due to neglect, it was a hardware flaw that M$ overlooked and to this day will never admit to, the battery sat right behind the screen, and while charging it would expand, which would put too much pressure on the screen, resulting in a nice little crack and dead pixels.
    05-30-09 04:26 PM
    This isn't a RIM recall, It's Vodafone trying to resolve the issue with certian people on the e-forum.

I think some are shouting louder than others...... And it's working!

I agree with what Ryangill said as a friend off mine has also been offered a replacement handset of his choice as he'd returned his handset 4 times for the same faults. Everytime he got it back they said there was nothing wrong with it and they'd carried out a software update. (he was fuming)

I am still yet to get the phonecall
    05-31-09 06:15 AM
    I would just like to add:

Posts on the VF eforum are now all being monitored by Moderators before they get posted.

I thought negative comments had gone a bit quiet over the last few days!
    05-31-09 04:15 PM
    I swaped my Storm out at Verizon because the screen was flickering at times. They couldn't make it do it, but I insisted and they gave me a new Storm.
    05-31-09 04:32 PM
    Some people have many issues with the storm. Just look aroound the forums and you will find!
    just a few,

Signal issues
    battery issues
    all buttons unlock on the .141 official from voda

and just notice UP THE MIGS!!!!!

i am sure someone else will add, i suggest that if you got the 14 day bring back thing you take it up. Go get the iphone thats waht i wish i'd done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    dont flame me for this!!!!!
    I second the iPhone!! Nothing has come close to it as of today!!!
    With the storm
    1 I get dropped calls.
    2 HTML emails look like jigsaw puzzles!
    3 Blackberry truncates some of my (random) emails (some are short and still get truncated)!!!!!
    4 We now have color banding!
    5 No more call log button!!!!!

Actually I think the storm is getting worse, they should fix 2 and 3 then they would have a DATA phone at least!

!!!!!The iPhone looks better and better every day!!!!!!
    05-31-09 05:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD