Over on the vodaphone forum mods are now ringing around the customers on a certain thread, offering them an exchange to any other phone!!!

Had Enough - Vodafone eForum
    05-28-09 11:38 AM
    Verizon will also let you exchange the Storm for another device, they know it is junk.
    05-28-09 11:39 AM
    what do you think is a good alternative??
    05-28-09 11:50 AM
    what do you think is a good alternative??
    Storm 2 (Odin)......
    05-28-09 11:53 AM
    Verizon will also let you exchange the Storm for another device, they know it is junk.

since when?
    05-28-09 11:54 AM
    Yes I would like to know more about verizon replacements!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:57 AM
    storm2 odin aint out yet
    05-28-09 12:01 PM
    Curious.....
    05-28-09 12:03 PM
    I believe the verizon policy is 3 warranty returns and then they can swap you to another model. Squeaky wheel gets replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:04 PM
    and keep in mind that the 3 replacements will be well documented, so don't expect to just trade 'em for no reason, they'll make you go to the store, and it has to be 3 within 90 days i believe...anything else and they'll just offer you a new storm instead of a refurb.
    05-28-09 12:07 PM
    Deceiving title? Doesn't sound like a recall to me, just device replacement for disgruntled users.
    05-28-09 12:08 PM
    Verizon swaps out devices if you have issues more than three times with a particular device. Your issues need to be documented in order for them to do anything for you.
    05-28-09 12:10 PM
    Ha Voda users are always causing trouble with VF, I love it.
    05-28-09 12:31 PM
    Verizon swaps out devices if you have issues more than three times with a particular device. Your issues need to be documented in order for them to do anything for you.

You got that right! Been there and done that....it's called a multi-fru and they read thru ALLLLLL of the notes on your account before you can even pass your phone across the damn counter!

BUT, I will say, depending on what store you go in....different CSR's/techs do things differently.

My friend took her phone to a near-by store and they said they couldn't do anything for her for whatever stupid reason...she went to another store about 40 min away and not only did they give her the phone she wanted but at 2yr pricing. Some of those people go outta their way to be a-holes sometimes.
    05-28-09 12:39 PM
    This is the best piece of junk I ever owned
    05-28-09 12:57 PM
    This is the best piece of junk I ever owned
    +1.

ones mans trash is another mans treasure...
    05-28-09 12:58 PM
    i am a regular user to crackberry but had too change my ID! LOL dont want voda to find me!!!!!!

Had a call from one of there Eforum mods today, they are arranging for my storm to be picked up. They are gathering all storms which claim too have a problem and sending them back too RIM. I was told that RIM cannot repeat or find most of the problems we say were having.

The mod also gane me the option of three phones too use when my is away. I was told i can have another storm, the HTC or a 5800!

He said i will have my storm back "fully working" in a cpl of weeks. He then went on to say they really dont want this "offer" discussed in any of the forums because of the amount of "work load" it will cause them.

I am telling you guys this as i think we all deserve the right to have our storms sorted!!!!! one for all, all for one!!!

He said he's gonna call me back too sort out the logistics as this is out of "normal practice".

will let you know of the details as of when i get them!!!
    05-28-09 05:20 PM
    so how exactly is this a recall??

sounds more like they are accepting returns under certain conditions... not a recall
    05-28-09 05:24 PM
    if it was a recall wouldn't RIM be issuing it?
    05-28-09 05:26 PM
    so how exactly is this a recall??

sounds more like they are accepting returns under certain conditions... not a recall
    yes quite right. only they too down details of exactly what was wrong with mine, along with the imei and pin. also normally they give you some crap phone as a replacement while yours is fixed.

basically RIM are going too look at my stom to find any probs, and voda gonna lend me a half decent phone. hopefully i get one of them working storms back, like i here some people have.
    05-28-09 05:29 PM
    if it was a recall wouldn't RIM be issuing it?
    dunno just was reading this thread today and thought id post what happened
    05-28-09 05:31 PM
    yes quite right. only they too down details of exactly what was wrong with mine, along with the imei and pin. also normally they give you some crap phone as a replacement while yours is fixed.

basically RIM are going too look at my stom to find any probs, and voda gonna lend me a half decent phone. hopefully i get one of them working storms back, like i here some people have.

oh it's a good thing alright. I'm all for people getting proper hardware if theyre having issues

But calling it a recall will send the wrooonnng idea to a lot of viewers here

I have a good feeling a lot of people will read this with the wrong idea and expect the same kind of service. This sounds like a highly specialized situation
    05-28-09 05:31 PM
    Keep in mind that if VZW gives you a new (not refurb) Storm due to the "three refurbs in 90 days" rule, they will adjust your NE2 or NE1 date up to the date of the replacement. I just went through this myself and when they told me this, I told them to send me another refurb! I thought the VZW store was just misinformed, but while I was there I called CS and they told me the same thing. This includes replacing it with another model.
    05-28-09 05:33 PM
    its just good too know that at least one network is saying its broken! hopefully the rest will follow
    05-28-09 05:35 PM
    can i ask what is broken with everyones storm? im new here. got my storm about 2 weeks ago. very happy with it actually. apart from the low battery life but thats beacuse of this. check my thread below. if anyone could help that would be much appreicated.

*edit* cant post links not got 10 posts yet. its in the rants and raves forum and the thread is called "LED help"
    05-28-09 05:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD