hello-

recently i noticed that i never get any notifications for voice mails on my storm so i went to the Verizon store where they told me i had to have visual voice mail service in order for me to receive any notification of new messages... for the sake of time i just signed up for the service and they told me i had to download the app for my phone. After i downloaded it and it apparently installed, because my phone took and eternity to reboot, i cant get past the license agreement screen because the on screen keyboard WILL NOT go away. I have tried everything buy whenever i try to hit the "ok" button for the agreement, it does nothing except bring up the mini-menu with the only option of "switch application". I'm clueless as to what to do. Any thoughts? thanks.
    11-29-09 11:00 AM
    Are you on a grandfathered AllTel plan? If you are vvm will not work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 11:07 AM
    nope. we've had Verizon for i think nearly eight years now.
    11-29-09 12:36 PM
    Go into Options and then Applications, select VVM and hit the BB button and choose "Disable Compatibility Mode".
    11-29-09 03:22 PM
    Go to Google.com/voice and sign up for Google Voice. Then wait a couple of weeks until you get your new Google Voice number.

Set up the number and install the Google Voice app for your BlackBerry. You'll get a much better voicemail client for your phone, with other great features like transcription of voice messages, and it won't cost you five bucks a month.
    11-29-09 03:39 PM
    Go to Google.com/voice and sign up for Google Voice. Then wait a couple of weeks until you get your new Google Voice number.

Set up the number and install the Google Voice app for your BlackBerry. You'll get a much better voicemail client for your phone, with other great features like transcription of voice messages, and it won't cost you five bucks a month.
    1: Google voice, last time I looked a couple days ago, was only by invitation only.

2: VVM is only like $3 I thought

3: OP you could just use Youmail, great voicemail application, free, and you get SMS notifications when you have a voicemail, who it's from, how long it is, etc.
    11-29-09 04:03 PM
    Go into Options and then Applications, select VVM and hit the BB button and choose "Disable Compatibility Mode".
    this didn't do anything to fix the problem of not being able to press OK on the end user license agreement. still cant press it...
    11-29-09 10:10 PM
    this didn't do anything to fix the problem of not being able to press OK on the end user license agreement. still cant press it...
    Are you sure you downloaded the Storm version?

Go back into options->applications and delete VVM. Then go to http://mobile.vzw.com/download/vvm/S...vmail_9530.jad on your phone to download the Storm version.
    11-30-09 04:21 AM
    Youmail fan here
    11-30-09 10:01 AM
    Ok, I was having the same problem. Nothing was working, every time you clicked on the screen, same small menu popped up. Now I was doing some searching around the forums and I saw that people were having a hard time receiving voicemail notifications. They said voice mails were left, but your phone didn't download them. They said to downgrade to the older version of visual voice mail.

So here�s what I did:
    1. Deleted visual voice mail
    2. Rebooted the phone (it will prompt you to).
    3. Installed an older version found here: stormota.c0m/download.php?appID=136
    (Sorry I cannot make this a link because I don't have 10 plus posts. Change the .c0m to a .com. I'm just a reader and can usually find my problems by searching).
    4. Once installed, opened up visual voice mail, accepted user agreement, entered pin number, and voice mails started to download.

Then I got a message to upgrade to the new visual voicemail (kinda scared, but I said what the heck I can just redo all these steps).

Downloaded the new visual voice mail, rebooted the phone, and everything works fine!

Try it out. Seems to have worked for me!

Have fun
    Chris
    12-01-09 04:52 PM
    ^^^^^ You my friend are a genius! Been tearing my hair out since last OS upgrade. Your method worked great.
    02-09-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD