Here we go. I have had the storm since launch. One of the first thigs I did was get rid of visual voice mail. However before that I accidently signed up for it while adding the BES service to the phone (long Story) So today I went on the verizon account page and noticed that I forgot to get rid of the feature and then called them and they got rid of it and the charge on my bill. All of a sudden I get this text message saying that my vm is full. So I call it and it is. I listen to the importan ones and figure out why some people have been looking at me strangely and the dark knights hockey coach wouldnt talk to me so my question is this is there an alert that needs to be set on the phone to let me kow I have voice mail did I delete something that I shouldnt have? I never got an alert no text message no idea I had voice mail. I have not been separated from the storm for any sigificant amount of time either. Strange situation. Let me know.

Thanks

Abigfish
    12-30-08 03:15 PM
    Other folks have had this issue. Best way to deal with it is to call vzw directly and have them troubleshoot. Best to stay on the line with them until it is fixed. They can call you on your cell to test things out so use a different phone.
    12-30-08 03:19 PM
    Other folks have had this issue. Best way to deal with it is to call vzw directly and have them troubleshoot. Best to stay on the line with them until it is fixed. They can call you on your cell to test things out so use a different phone.
    rooster is there supposed to be a setting on the storm for vm alerts like a sound setting? If so I don't have one.

Abigfish
    12-30-08 03:26 PM
    There is not a notification on the phone itself, however if you call your voicemail, and go to the main menu, and change your personal options (I think its number 4, I will verify a bit later), there is an option for notification.

It is also possible that its setup incorrectly on their server, and they may need to fix it on their end, so if the above doesn't work, call VZW tech support (from a land line as stated above).

Good Luck!
    12-30-08 03:48 PM
    Abigfish,
    best thing to do is call VZW, chances are the voicemail indicator option is not 'check marked' in the switch.
    12-30-08 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD