Hey Hokies (or anyone willing to help)!

I've been trying to get the mail from my @vt.edu account on my Storm as push email, and haven't had much luck. I can receive the emails just fine, but they often come 5-20 minutes after they hit the mail server.

I have BIS setup to use IMAP settings (imap.vt.edu), but for some reason I can't get it to push.

Anyone out there having this problem with VT email?
    Could this be a delay on the VT mail server?
    Any suggestions on how to get this to push vs. 5-20min emails?

NOTE: I also have a gmail account that is pushing just fine using IMAP.

Thanks in advance for any help.

=)

- Tim
    03-17-09 10:06 AM
    I don't have my vt.edu email address set-up on my Storm but I think there may be a slight delay with VTs email system.

I have my VT account setup to automatically foward to my gmail account. I often receive several emails sent to my @vt.edu account in my gmail inbox at once.

But then again, I could be wrong.
    03-17-09 10:23 AM
    Question:
    How do I configure my mobile computing device to connect to the VT Mail server?
    Answer:

There is a wide variety of pop mail clients for mobile computing devices. At any time, phone carriers may change the client that is preinstalled on the phones they sell. Since 4Help has no way of testing all of these clients, we can only provide the most basic configuration settings. We do not guarantee that they will work with your particular phone/client, however most phones do work with these settings.If you have trouble configuring your phone/client using these settings, contact your phone service provider.

The settings to connect to the VT Mail server are:

* Username:[Your PID]@vt.edu

Note: Replace [Your PID] with your PID.
    * Incoming server: pop.vt.edu
    * Incoming server uses SSL. Use port 995.
    * Outgoing SMTP server:auth.smtp.vt.edu
    * Outgoing server uses SSL. Use port 465.
    07-28-09 11:48 AM
    Hmm...I have the same problem with my PSU e-mails. I just thought that was the way it was. I guess I'll have to look into it more...
    07-28-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD