Hello,
    I am considering buying a Storm but when attempting to access a webcam I was unable to view video. My wife and I travel a bit and sometimes we board our dog. We keep him at campbowwow.com. All of the locations have webcams to check in on them. The webcams support Java and I know the storm does as well. However, when trying to access the cams after activating java on the phone I still cannot get the video. Can anybody make it work? If so how, I really like the Storm.
    03-13-09 09:49 PM
    Hello,
    I am considering buying a Storm but when attempting to access a webcam I was unable to view video. My wife and I travel a bit and sometimes we board our dog. We keep him at campbowwow.com. All of the locations have webcams to check in on them. The webcams support Java and I know the storm does as well. However, when trying to access the cams after activating java on the phone I still cannot get the video. Can anybody make it work? If so how, I really like the Storm.

The Browser on the Storm, or any phone for a matter of fact right now does not support Java.
    So, sorry, that'll be a no go.
    03-13-09 10:10 PM
    i've been able to view the webcam from my home pc on my storm so i can check on my living room while i'm not home. i'm still trying to figure out how to view another camera i've got connected to my home network so that i can put it outside to keep an eye on my property but haven't had a lot of time to devote to that lately.
    03-13-09 10:42 PM
    I can access my web cam via orb there is a 30 second or so delay but I'm not complaining

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 10:52 PM
    orb is what i use also for my webcam, wish it would show the other cam on my network...
    03-13-09 10:53 PM
    +1 for Orb. Works nicely!
    03-14-09 06:25 AM
    Will Flash ever work for the storm? I can't acces the video from some websites.
    03-14-09 06:32 AM
    Yeap to bad we don't have Flash on the 9530.
    But , the next big phone with flash built in will be Palm Pre

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD