I haven't been able to find this feature (if it even exists in the current OS of the Storm or not): Here I think is the best place (other than if your relative/spouse is a RIM engineer) to find out if/how.

Is there any way to move from one 'unread' message to another?

On my past 'berries', I was able to hit a letter to go from 'unread' message to another. Since the Storm now has no keyboard are we just "SOL"?

BTW - I did find that if you tap and hold your finger on the top or bottom arrow icons for about 1-1/2 sec while viewing messages that your display will go to either the top or bottom of your messages.

(My 2 cents)*** For the record I've had my Storm since the release date and have been somewhat happy with the Storm. This unit replaced my 7130e via/ Verizon and my wife had a Pearl and now a Curve since I converted her to a 'BB Addict' The Pearl/Curve and my old trusty 7130e have very 'mature' OS firmwares with almost all the 'bugs' worked out. I feel confident that RIM/Verizon will resolve current bugs/shortcomings/etc. with the Storm ASAP.

I was listening to music (w/ the included stereo headphones/integrated mic) on my Storm last night while going via/ E-Mail and got a call from my wife while waiting for my son's piano lesson to be over. During this 'multitasking' the unit appeared to be sluggish/slow switching between the apps but didn't lockup/reset. After hanging up w/ her, my song started again where it left off and I was returned to the last e-mail I was viewing. Very cool!!

Here's a list of my 'personal' pros/cons for keeping/returning it I've compiled since launch:

Cons:
    1. Battery life - my 3 year old original battery on my 7130e lasted longer than the Storm's battery. The battery on my wife's Curve lasts consideribly longer than either.
    2. MicroUSB - My old 7130e, my wife's old Pearl and current Curve all used the 'miniUSB'. I had to buy another charging cable for the car and be 'SOL' when not having it while in my wife's car.
    3. Buggy/Slothy OS - Today = OK phone, 6mo-1yr = Awesome mulitmedia phone! (Anyone know where I can get a working time machine )
    4. Verizon Commercial where the guy jumps from one app to another - My phone and nobody elses for that matter moves from one application to another that quick!! Come on RIM/VZW! Let's be real!! My wife leaves the room when that commercial comes on TV....Can you say class-action lawsuit!!

Pros:
    1. Multimedia - I can now watch movies/listen to music/TAKE PICTURES (My old 7130e didn't have one), etc. Very cool!!
    2. Push E-Mail - Apple promised this one by a certain date and still has yet to 'deliver'. The BB's rock for instant e-mail!
    3. Voice Dialing - 'out of the box' w/o any training/etc. it 'just works'!! ...also another thing my 7130e didn't have.
    4. Removable Battery - I don't need to say more!
    5. Expandable/Removable Memory - I have a Sandisk UltraII 16 Gig MicroSD w/ SD adapter that I can move from my Canon camera to my Storm in no time flat - and without removing the battery/SIM/etc. Do that on an iPhone!! Not!
    6. Etc (aka Many of the things the iPhone and other phones don't have, can't do or do poorly).

I think most of my shortcomings with the unit (w/ the exception of the now 'MicroUSB') can be addressed/resolved or workarounds found. If I had to decide today to either keep/return the Storm I'd probably say to keep it. I'd like to see another firmware update before my 30-days are up though.
    12-06-08 01:07 PM
    Try pressing U.
    12-06-08 01:42 PM
    Try pressing U.
    I ask for information and I get sarcasm There's no keyboard!

I did find the answer to my own question and it's one of the reasons why I am returning my Storm today to Verizon:

To move from one 'unread' message to another, you need to have a message open, hit the Blackberry key and then scroll down about 2/3rd of the way down the list and select 'View Next Unread Message'.

That's too many steps/complicated for me! I get too much e-mail per day to play that song and dance! I simply hit the '*' key on the keypad of my 7130e to move to the oldest 'unread' message. Subsequent keypresses of the '*' key allow you to move to the next 'unread' and so on.

Along with that, the switch of RIM to using a 'microUSB' on the Storm instead of the 'miniUSB' on almost all other 'berries', the buggy/immature OS and the crappy battery life, I'm saying 'Hasta la vista' to the Storm. I might purchase it again in another 6 months (maybe, maybe not....).
    12-09-08 02:16 PM
    swipe up from the bottom to get the keyboard and Press U.
    12-09-08 02:23 PM
    he wasn't giving you sarcasm....he was telling you how to do it. if you swipe from the bottom up, your keyboard will pop up. then you just press U.
    12-09-08 02:24 PM
    uhmm
    i think i know what your talking about
    i could be wrong

just swipe your finger quickly across the screen to move across to the next message.
    12-09-08 02:29 PM
    uhmm
    i think i know what your talking about
    i could be wrong

just swipe your finger quickly across the screen to move across to the next message.
    +1 This works for me.

Plus, I don't know where you are getting crappy battery life from. I just plugged mine in a little while ago. This was after being unplugged for just under 30 hours, and I still had 20% battery left.
    12-09-08 02:50 PM
    I was gonna say.. forget the hassle of bringing up the keyboard and everything... just swipe your finger left to right and it switches messages.
    12-09-08 02:58 PM
    Not sure about "unread" but a very useful tip is to swipe left and right to view the next or previous message, like a page in a book, hope that helps.
    12-09-08 03:01 PM
    Is there a way when you delete an e-mail you are viewing to have it go to the next e-mail rather than close and go to the e-mail list?
    12-09-08 05:21 PM
    You can swipe horizontally to switch messages\emails... Very easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD