Hi folks, very much a Storm newbie here but I'm a gadget junkie so I just had to get one lol.

I'm trying to view my own website which has a couple of IP webcams, one a Panasonic BL-C30, the other an Axis 221. Both cameras are looking at a fish tank so they are both very "family safe" As the cameras are using built in webservers it means I don't need a computer to interface them to a router but that might be the problem for viewing on mobiles as the Axis camera uses ActiveX.

I'm told that it's possible to use the rtsp protocol to view the video stream but unfortunately I just can't get anything to load other than a normal text based page title on the Blackberry but it loads and streams quite happily on a pc.

The pc based software like Orb are of no use as they require the cameras to run through a computer with the software running.

Hopefully one of the Blackberry experts can help me out please.

The intention is to use the cameras for semi security use as well. Next step is to add some user buttons to play with lol
    Last edited by Photosbykev; 03-28-09 at 04:38 PM.
    03-28-09 04:22 PM
    my storm is on it's way, but i think that you can view mjpeg stream from axis ip cams, but not sure until i get my storm...
    03-28-09 06:22 PM
    my storm is on it's way, but i think that you can view mjpeg stream from axis ip cams, but not sure until i get my storm...
    If the mjpeg stream is viewable I would be more than happy with that, but I can't get that working either
    03-28-09 06:39 PM
    This is what I use to view my Axis security cams from my Storm.

Total Control - Blackberry Video Camera Edition

There is a trail so you can check and see if it works for your cams.
    03-28-09 06:51 PM
    This is what I use to view my Axis security cams from my Storm.

There is a trail so you can check and see if it works for your cams.
    Thanks for the link Did you get an XML error when you installed it? I'm playing with it but not certain if it's compatible with the 9500 as it doesnt give me Camera list (from the BB menu) after entering the Camera name, I guess the xml is the camera database list?
    Last edited by Photosbykev; 03-28-09 at 07:17 PM.
    03-28-09 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the link Did you get an XML error when you installed it? I'm playing with it but not certain if it's compatible with the 9500 as it doesnt give me Camera list (from the BB menu) after entering the Camera name, I guess the xml is the camera database list?
    It installed okay for me on my 9530, but it was an older version that I installed about 4 months ago. I have not had to reinstall it.
    03-28-09 07:33 PM
    It installed okay for me on my 9530, but it was an older version that I installed about 4 months ago. I have not had to reinstall it.
    Thanks for the extra info jf2go
    03-28-09 07:37 PM
    Thanks for the extra info jf2go
    No worries Photosbykev. I ping'd the author, so possibly he will chime in. I see that there is a new version for 4.3+ O/S. Is that the version that you tried? I might try and install it on my 9530 - I'll let you know if I get the XML error.
    03-28-09 07:44 PM
    jf2go thanks for letting me know. photosbykev look for the blackberry faq at (i can't post a link yet so...) under the Support, FAQ, Blackberry FAQ section on the website.

basically you need to input the proper APN settings if you have them. otherwise send me your info directly with the form under the Contact Us section so i can troubleshoot directly with you.

The O/S 4.3 & Up update is for rtsp stream support via mpg4 (with supported profiles/models). Our blog shows which cameras we have successfully tested mpg4 streams on so far with our app. also we can provide support for authentication of rtsp streams from this o/s on. those are the only changes from the 4.1 version. other than that everything is the same.

The free trial demo version is available on the website under the bb subsection towards the bottom. just fill in the form and you will be emailed an over the air link to be clicked directly on your bb to install. it's good for 10 days/2 cameras.
    Last edited by TotalControlAppDotCom; 03-28-09 at 09:39 PM.
    03-28-09 09:31 PM
    jf2go thanks for letting me know. photosbykev look for the blackberry faq at (i can't post a link yet so...) under the Support, FAQ, Blackberry FAQ section on the website.

basically you need to input the proper APN settings if you have them. otherwise send me your info directly with the form under the Contact Us section so i can troubleshoot directly with you.

The O/S 4.3 & Up update is for rtsp stream support via mpg4 (with supported profiles/models). Our blog shows which cameras we have successfully tested mpg4 streams on so far with our app. also we can provide support for authentication of rtsp streams from this o/s on. those are the only changes from the 4.1 version. other than that everything is the same.

The free trial demo version is available on the website under the bb subsection towards the bottom. just fill in the form and you will be emailed an over the air link to be clicked directly on your bb to install. it's good for 10 days/2 cameras.
    Thank you for responding I've sent you contact information
    03-29-09 12:28 AM
    the free demo works but $60 for single cam version....
    04-25-09 11:31 AM
    I use Mobiscope - Video from webcams on mobile . It works great for me. There's also a trial version.
    04-27-09 11:34 AM
    for some reason the moderator is removing my replies regarding my own application as spam which obviously is not right in this thread. if you are interested in more information i am not allowed to post information regarding our application because it is being construed as advertising even though i am replying to people about the app. please contact us directly on our website forum for direct information as we are not allowed to post anything regarding our application on this forum thanks to the moderator.
    04-29-09 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD