I am going to be in Vietnam and will be there for over a month. I have unlocked the phone and tested with an At&T SIM. It worked.

My intention is to buy a local Vietnamese SIM to use there. However, I was wondering if that will enable me to get email etc or is that service linked to Verizon? Will I have to get some additional services in Vietnam?

Pardon my ignorance but this is my first smart phone.
    03-09-09 11:44 AM
    I am going to be in Vietnam and will be there for over a month.
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    03-09-09 11:47 AM
    Bump- any good suggestions.
    03-11-09 07:33 AM
    I am Vietnamese and I also using a STORM 9500 ! If you have unlocked
    your phone so you have nothing to worries about using your phone ..
    We are now using GSM that your can switch your phone to GSM TO USE
    and you can check your email by GPRS ! because we don't have 3G service here , in totally you can do what's the H...here with your STORM
    at last welcome to my country......and when you been in VIETNAM
    you need any helps just dial 0908285546 (my name is HAI ] I am willing for help .........dear stranger.....
    03-11-09 08:13 AM
    pretty cool that dinhhair offered a contact number.

i seriously dont know what i would do in vietnam other than look for good food and beer.
    03-11-09 08:21 AM
    Hai,

Thanks for the info and number. I truly appreciate your offer. I leave for Vietnam at the end of March and will be there for a month. I'll be in HCMC.

My phone is unlocked and I'll get a local SIM. I was not sure if the local SIM would allow me to get my email or if that was a service tied to my US carrier. I'm sure I'll need some configuration help.

At any rate thanks again.

Nick
    03-12-09 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD