I own the Storm 9530. I use it among other ways as a modem with an X2 AMD 3800 processor and 4 gb fo quality memory PC built on a M3N78-EM ASUS motherboard. I tether the phone with the data cable that Blackberry/Verizon supplies. I use the Verizon link software to connect.

Can anyione tell me why streaming media stutters? My old LG 4400 didn't stutter and this is supposed to be Broadband EVDO or some such.

I can't even get the site to tell my how fast the modem actually is? Interesting since they're charging for Broadband media transmission speeds. I guess that's Verizon's way of saying you can connect but you will have to buy a USB modem to connect or it will continue to be slow. I find that outrageous along with the high cost of the service in the first place.

Does anyone have any idea's about increasing the throughput of the modem to improve streaming speed? My phone won't take any additional software. Remember they stuck us 9530 users with minimal functional memory 64 mb and gave it all to the new storm they knew they were dropping a.s.a.p. 256 mb (Storm II) of functional memory. They stabilized this 9530 enough to drop it and bring out the Storm II. If we can't get anymore memory how about an ugrade that allows us to designate how much media card memory we can allocate so the 9530 modem (phone) can function faster or better??

Thanks all.
    Last edited by Carlos1945; 03-22-10 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Clarifying my PC specifications.
    03-22-10 10:32 PM
    Howd this end up in the storm themes thread??

Try posting it or asking this to be moved here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/
    03-22-10 11:46 PM
    Probably it was posted to access the widest number of user's that might have an interest in the question or idea presented.

Ill leave it and it can just be ignored, until further notice.

Maybe somes phones don't run slow on low memory thememybb.com but my phone does. Thanks for the thought though.
    03-22-10 11:53 PM
    Probably it was posted to access the widest number of user's that might have an interest in the question or idea presented.

Ill leave it and it can just be ignored, until further notice.

Maybe somes phones don't run slow on low memory thememybb.com but my phone does. Thanks for the thought though.
    Heh, its kinda an inside joke now hence the "TM" at the end...there was a huge debate on the effects of low application memory for the longest time and everybody was taken sides and..ya nvm inside joke haha
    03-23-10 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD