hello guys,

I apologize for posting this because I know both of these things have been discussed before but I just did a search on both topics and couldn't find specific answers to my specific questions for the Storm.

So....if you guys aren't too busy trying to update your phones to .83 I would appreciate any insight on the following two things...

1) Saving videos. I got my Storm today and I LOVE it...however, I made a video on the video recorder that was about 1 minute 45 seconds. I tried to save it and the storm me it could not save because an error occurred. Next I noticed that it was indeed on my list of videos (along with the babylon video) and I tried to play the video I had made that supposedly did not save. The Storm came up saying that it does not support that video format.....THIS doesn't make any sense to me because I made the video on the storm. Is there a fix for this?

2) I just put the BB tools cd in my Macbook and all it did was to load a menu that gave me the option to install pocketmac, but I already did that so I closed the BB tools cd and then connected my Storm to my MacBook. However, it does not appear that the computer is recognizing the storm. I can tell that it knows it is connected because it is charging the phone, but I was hoping to put some of my music onto the Storm. Anyway I can make this happen? Pocketmac doesn't seem to recognize the phone as I clicked sync and it came up with an error saying it could not recognize my blackberry.

Thank you so much for any of your helpful and kind responses and good luck with that update!

Thanks again.
    12-18-08 11:02 PM
    Okay...got it so I can transfer music ..thats the main thing I wanted to do.....any insight on the video thing would be awesome though.

Thanks guys.
    12-18-08 11:11 PM
    Also...I think this has been mentioned before too, but if the volume is turned up more than like 8/10 does the music distort badly? now that I think about it I turned audio boost on I will turn that off and give it a try...

lol wow...I look pathetic. I'm having a convo with myself!
    12-18-08 11:23 PM
    If your running OS 4.7.0.75, then this is a known issue.
    There is Crackberry thread already going for this... if you search for "Video Recording Freezes" it will take you there.

You can try changing the video format to MMS mode (open video camera, press Menu key, choose Options), but this lowers the resolution & limits the recording time. I found the following article on the Blackberry website's. It has a workaround, but I cannot verify if it works as I'm currently Stormless.
    KB17020 which is entitled: Playing a video on the Blackberry Storm smartphone results in the error message media being played is an unsupported format.
    I'm unable to post a link since I have less than 10 posts apparently... You can get to the Blackberry article by going to blackberry.com/support (just add the www at the front) & then search for "KB17020".
    12-19-08 12:01 AM
    If your running OS 4.7.0.75, then this is a known issue.
    There is Crackberry thread already going for this... if you search for "Video Recording Freezes" it will take you there.

You can try changing the video format to MMS mode (open video camera, press Menu key, choose Options), but this lowers the resolution & limits the recording time. I found the following article on the Blackberry website's. It has a workaround, but I cannot verify if it works as I'm currently Stormless.
    KB17020 which is entitled: Playing a video on the Blackberry Storm smartphone results in the error message media being played is an unsupported format.
    I'm unable to post a link since I have less than 10 posts apparently... You can get to the Blackberry article by going to blackberry.com/support (just add the www at the front) & then search for "KB17020".
    Thanks so much! That's a pretty easy fix actually.

Thanks for taking time answering me!
    12-19-08 01:08 AM
    KB17020 Bulletin Content from Blackberry.com/support:

Overview
    After recording a video on the BlackBerry Storm smartphone, playing the video results in the following error message:

The media being played is an unsupported format.

Cause
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workaround
    Once the video recording is complete, close the Video Camera application and play the file from the media player as follows:

When finished recording, press the Pause button.
    Press the menu button.
    Press the menu button.
    From the list, select the necessary video file.
    12-21-08 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD