Quite often, I would like to fast forward or rewind when watching videos on my Storm. However, the keyboard is very unresponsive. The only solution I've had is to back out and then click the video again but even then I can only play/pause/stop but not really fast forward or rewind. I figure future software updates will address that problem. My question is...is there a way to get the video player keyboard to show up when pressing the "Blackberry menu" button? Kind of like you can press "Show keyboard" when browsing the web?
    12-22-08 05:46 AM
    You should be able to tap the screen and get the progress bar to show up above the Play/Pause/etc. Upgrading to .83 makes it a little easier to fast forward as well. It's more responsive to your finger and can be more precise
    12-22-08 07:00 AM
    The progress bar sucks. No decent media player on earth does not have at least a 2x dedicated fast forward.

Personally, I record TV shows, auto-transfer from my Tivo for conversion to h.264, then sync them with my media player. On other media players, I simply fast forward at commercials. With the storm, I either have to watch the commercials or spend 2 minutes trying to find and then get the lowsy progress bar to home in on the precise second when the show kicks off again.

That's not a solution, its a chore.
    12-22-08 07:46 AM
    When I tap the screen, nothing shows up. Even with version .83.
    12-22-08 04:59 PM
    Same for me, I tap and it seems really unresponsive.whats the deal? I have .83 still might upgrade to .85 in the next day or two, hopefully that will help.
    12-29-08 03:22 AM
    TAP the screen, don't click it.

You will get a progress bar, and a couple of other buttons.
    12-29-08 03:41 AM
    Once you tap & get the progress bar you have to click-hold & drag. It's a real pain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 04:02 AM
    I got it now. Much better with .85. It's weird having to tap sometimes and press sometimes. Lol. Choose one! I'm used to it now though. I actually didn't know that's how you get the menu to pop up for the browser as well. I was wondering why it seemed so random.
    12-29-08 04:21 AM
    I got it now. Much better with .85.
    I need to try .85 just for this if nothing else. I just finished watching "Saving Private Ryan" over multiple sessions at the gym. I can't believe how horrible trying to navigate (fast forward, rewind, select a time spot in the movie [doesn't exist]) is. I'm on .75 now. Getting the play/pause bar to appear is total hit and miss without any reason.
    12-31-08 02:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD