I have tried several times to play a few video clips. I'm pretty sure they're avi files and my bb restarts after only a few minutes of play.
    Suggestions? I'm running 4.7.0.148
    There is this error message that does pop up before restarting but it goes by too fast to read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-09 12:44 PM
    I have the same problem and it only occurred after I updated to v4.7.0.148, prior to this it played videos just fine. It's not an issue with the files, some files I played before now will not work. I can get 5-10 minutes out of a video, tops. Sometimes it just reboots (the white screen of death reboot like you pulled the battery), other times it shows a "media error" message. Once it shows that message, it won't even attempt to play any other video at all, you immediately get an error and have to pull the battery to get it to play a video for another 5-10 minutes. One time it, said the media error message and showed the play/stop/pause buttons at the bottom of the screen, I hit the back arrow and it still showed the play/stop/pause button on the list of videos, I hit the back arrow again and the play/stop/pause buttons were superimposed of the main menu screen. I turned the phone off, they were still there when I turned it back on, I had to pull the battery to get rid of it.

I hope somebody has a fix for this.
    06-14-09 04:15 PM
    When I was loading my media onto my BB. I did notice that a message came up stating I didn't have the"rights" to the files. Do you think that has anything to do with this problem?

06-14-09 06:10 PM
    My files didn't have any DRM so I have "the rights" to them, I did not see this message when I loaded them and I am having the same problem that you are. I think that if they were blocking you for "the rights" they wouldn't play at all.
    06-14-09 06:37 PM
    I just did a memory wipe to see if that fixed it and I still have the exact same problem.
    06-14-09 08:40 PM
    I just updated as well to version v4.7.0.148 and now get 5 minutes of playback on videos before the phone does a complete shut down- white screen before coming back up. This happens with videos I've played previously.

I was able to solve it earlier by downgrading to the previous update but had many other issues so upgraded again. However I use the video feature on the phone daily so I'd like to find out how to solve this issue.
    thanks!
    06-14-09 10:59 PM
    Dang, no one has an answer?

06-15-09 03:05 AM
    Maybe it's intentional so you pay extra for the Vcast.
    06-15-09 05:00 PM
    I can play videos of over two hours with no problems. Are you guys using the standard supported codecs? (and divx/xvid avi files are not officially supported)
    06-15-09 07:02 PM
    I'm not sure, but the videos did play fine before. Do you have a list of the standard codecs so I can check? Thanks, bro.
    06-16-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD