Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Video Mms Mode Problems

Here's my problem:
    When i record video in mms mode it only allows to record up to 20-22 seconds. Is this normal? I called Tech Support and they said storm only allows 20-22 seconds of recording as default and i cant change it. Is this true? I dont trust them technical support. Crackberry IS technical support.
    I have 5 GB free memory in my card to use as video storage so this shouldnt be an issue.
    All my other storms i returned had same mms video cut off at 14-22 seconds.
    Please do reply to this thread. Any kind of help is much appreciated.

BB STORM 9530
    Carrier VZW
    "IF I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND... I JUST DONT THINK I COULD BEAR IT"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts

If you are recording in MMS mode, then yes, the most you will get out of it is 20-22 seconds... this is because there is a file size limit to what you can send through MMS. Putting the video in MMS mode guarantees that the video file will never be too large to send through MMS.

If you want to take longer videos, take it out of MMS mode. Then if you want to put them on your PC so you can email them to people, you can just plug your phone into the PC and transfer them that way.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Tour purchased September 2009, .219 OS
    Writing and music and art are the reasons for life to continue on Earth.
    Twitter
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Thanks buddy

Thank you. But this kinda sucks because a friend of mine who has an old ragity kyocera can record up to 2 minutes and send it. And here we are having a "state of the art" phone and can only record 20-22 seconds. LOL.
    That kyocera can also generate more than 160 characters of txt messages and the receiver of that txt will get like 2-3 messages. My friend doesnt have to stop txt at 160.
    Oh well i guess there is a price to pay for having a "state of the art" phone.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mharka View Post
    Thank you. But this kinda sucks because a friend of mine who has an old ragity kyocera can record up to 2 minutes and send it. And here we are having a "state of the art" phone and can only record 20-22 seconds. LOL.
    That kyocera can also generate more than 160 characters of txt messages and the receiver of that txt will get like 2-3 messages. My friend doesnt have to stop txt at 160.
    Guess so.
    Official Schmoopie of CB
    Tour purchased September 2009, .219 OS
    Writing and music and art are the reasons for life to continue on Earth.
    Twitter
    CrackBerry Genius

the reason the Storms video is only 22 seconds is because it is higher quality than your friends kyocera..higher quality= larger file size
    the text message limit has nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with Verizon
    Stupidity is a circumstance that can't be helped. ignorance is a choice
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i agree. But bot of us have the same carrier which is verizon. And i just dont understand how she can txt pages and pages and i cant. That's just mind boggling to me. But then again i agree with you folks
    CrackBerry Genius

i agree. But bot of us have the same carrier which is verizon. And i just dont understand how she can txt pages and pages and i cant. That's just mind boggling to me. But then again i agree with you folks
    verizon Blackberries have that limitation for some odd reason
    ATT and Tmobile Blackberries can type pages and pages and it will be broken up by the device/carrier
    Stupidity is a circumstance that can't be helped. ignorance is a choice
    CrackBerry Genius

Over 160 char:

use mms or Beyond 160 app.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

beyond 160 doesnt work on my storm for some odd reason. It wont copy after 160 characters so i deleted the app. And not all of my friends can get mms... some of them are on ATT lol.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

beyond 160 doesnt work on my storm for some odd reason. It wont copy after 160 characters so i deleted the app.