Sometimes if I record a video it wont play back. It gives an error and says it's an unsupported format. Then I will try it again and it works fine. Any input?

Storm 9530
    v4.7.0.75
    Verizon
    05-03-09 06:21 PM
    This is a known bug in the .75 OS. I would suggest always using the video camera right from the video camera app, instead of going through the normal camera first. It seems the error comes up more frequently when switching to the video camera from inside the camera app.
    05-03-09 06:29 PM
    I had the same problem. I upgraded the OS to .114 and it started working. I just upgraded to .132 and the OS seems to be a lot smoother than .114 to.
    05-03-09 06:32 PM
    This is a known bug in the .75 OS. I would suggest always using the video camera right from the video camera app, instead of going through the normal camera first. It seems the error comes up more frequently when switching to the video camera from inside the camera app.
    It's not limited to .75. It happened to me on .103 or .114 or one of those betas a while ago. Hasn't happened ever again though.
    05-03-09 06:33 PM
    It's not limited to .75. It happened to me on .103 or .114 or one of those betas a while ago. Hasn't happened ever again though.
    Good to know... everything I had personally read about it made me believe it was limited to .75. Thanks!
    05-03-09 06:39 PM
    Good to know... everything I had personally read about it made me believe it was limited to .75. Thanks!
    No problem. You probably know much more about the issue than I do. I just know that tidbit from personal experience. I was pretty upset when I recorded an amazing skydive swoop and it gave me that little gem of an error when I tried to play it .

I don't know if it's only a problem on .75 and whatever beta I was running at the time though. I've run almost every beta from .83 to .141, and it only happened that once. Let's just hope they took care of it lol.
    05-03-09 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I open the vid camera that way now and it seems to work fine. I appreciate the help. How do I upgrade the OS to a newer version? Verizon still says that my current version is the newest.
    05-04-09 08:54 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I open the vid camera that way now and it seems to work fine. I appreciate the help. How do I upgrade the OS to a newer version? Verizon still says that my current version is the newest.
    The OS that came on your phone is the most current official OS from Verizon. Once you have had your phone for a bit, are comfortable with it, and would like to upgrade it on your own, please check out the OS section of this forum and do some reading... the important how-to stuff is stickied at the top of that forum.
    05-04-09 08:57 PM
    I'm also on .75 and have this issue with recording videos.

Here's the only workaround that seems to work. As you are recording, DO NOT press pause to stop recording. Instead, press the BB key. Select View Videos from the menu. This will pause AND save your video, and hopefully, the file will not be corrupted as it tends to do so often.
    05-04-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD