I am not sure if this has been answered, I did look in several pages and didnt find. I have slected different ring tomes as well as message tone to different contactes. Now when I go to vibrate only and phone calls only the ones with different tone won't vibrate they ring. how can I fix this? and is there a way to reset all the tones the same cause no matter what I do I always have the same out come.
    01-09-09 09:09 AM
    HA! The same thing happens to me. I asked a question about this yesterday......
    01-09-09 09:10 AM
    Your searches should'vde brought up better results. First - upgrade to .85 if you haven't already. Second - you could always create custom profiles and set the alerts to silent and then to vibrate. Use that profile instead of the vibrate only one when you want it to vibrate.
    01-09-09 09:14 AM
    Your searches should'vde brought up better results. First - upgrade to .85 if you haven't already. Second - you could always create custom profiles and set the alerts to silent and then to vibrate. Use that profile instead of the vibrate only one when you want it to vibrate.
    I'd rather not upgrade until the official release is out.....I get kinda weary when things say "at your own risk"......my luck stinks. hehe.
    01-09-09 09:46 AM
    i haven't done the upgrade.... what i do is change it to 'all alerts off' and then even the custom profiles won't do anything.

of course you won't have vibrate... but i figure if you're in a place where you can't have your phone on... then the necessity for vibrate probably isn't needed either. except for in some cases i'm sure
    01-09-09 09:52 AM
    All you have to do is CREATE a custom profile & change EVERYTHING in it to VIBRATE (name that profile VIB2 or something like that) or like mine I have my calls, calendar, & SMS/MMS set to vibrate & everything else set to silent. then save it & next time you need to use a vib you can be assured it will work until the next update. Capeche?
    01-09-09 10:16 AM
    WOW what alot of thing to do. What happened to the old day's? I am working on .75. Is there a new upgrade? I guess there is not a way to clear all custom and go back to default tones?
    01-09-09 10:23 AM
    WOW what alot of thing to do. What happened to the old day's? I am working on .75. Is there a new upgrade? I guess there is not a way to clear all custom and go back to default tones?
    Its not that hard at all. It only takes me like 2 minutes to create a new profile. I have OFFICE, VIB2, SILENT, & FAMILY. I think it you do like you are asking its still NOT going to solve the problem of it still ringing when you select the standard Vibrate profile already on the STORM. I know that .85 supposedly fixes this but I am awaiting official release since I actually LOVE my STORM the way it is lol.
    01-09-09 10:43 AM
    fabulous! thanks!

to the other poster... it's really not that hard.. probably faster than creating customer alerts for your contacts.
    01-09-09 11:12 AM
    Is there a way to delete the preloaded sound profiles on the storm? For instance, i have no use for 'medium' but i'd also like to add some other custom profiles and i dont want my list to be really long. any suggestions for deleting the preloaded profiles? Thanks.
    01-09-09 11:20 AM
    OS .90 fixed this problem... well idk if it was fixed in an earlier OS but its working now in .90
    01-28-09 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD