Hey so I have no idea what happened. I upgraded to 167 / OOAK's Hybrid. Im fairly certain the sounds were still working then though.

I get sound alerts for phone calls and BBM but not for SMS and Email. I've checked all the settings in ring tone alerts nothings changed so they should be getting sounds but there not.

I didn't notice until yesterday morning (after a night of very heavy drinking) so I have no idea if I did something when I was hammered or what.

Anyone think of anything?
    09-13-09 04:31 PM
    not totally sure but it may be because of the hybrid. from what i can gather, especially if youre using a third party theme, you may not get an audible alert for messages. ive also seen it posted in several threads in various forums on CB that even if you do get it to work, it will be short lived, as the OS is given time to "settle in". again im not totally sure if this is true or not, i prefer .151 with the stock precision zen theme, so i could be wrong. but its something to look into.
    09-13-09 04:44 PM
    Im pretty sure if your using a .167 hybrid your gonna have issues with themes. I would stick with the stock one if I were you.
    09-13-09 06:53 PM
    try reinstalling
    09-13-09 07:08 PM
    Did you check OOAK thread to see if this is an issue. I don't think that sound is an issue with themes and OS .167 but you might try just going to the Zen theme to see if that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-09 07:34 PM
    I had exactly the same issue with a couple of different "unofficial" OSes, and yes it's the theme. I found that switching back to Zen gave me my alert sounds again.
    09-14-09 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD