So I went to verizon to talk about a screen click issue. This is my customer service experience. Which I thought was pretty interesting

1.) We began by talking about the screen click and I got my replacement ordered. Easily done with minimal issues

2.) No he didn�t know when the new os was coming out. He said rim has talked about it but no date has been determined. Sorry nothing new here

3.) He told me that I had too many apps running in the background and it was slowing my phone down. I had browser, phone, messages, homescreen and bb messenger open. Now correct me if im wrong but these are required to run all the time for the phone to work. I proceeded to ask him how to close them (even tho I know) and did exactly what he said. Nothing closed. He told me that I had opened the programs so many times id have to close them like 12 times for them to not show as running. I did this, nothing happened. I then asked him, �well if I closed the homescreen app, how could I navigate the phone?� Or, �if I closed the phone how could I make a call?� He wasn�t too sure about this. He explained to me that he has seen people bring their phone in and nothing was running in the background. I thought to myself, well that�s probably why the phone needs service.

4.) Overall, they did help me with what I needed, so the visit wasn�t a complete bust.

On an interesting side note, the same day I was in Detroit for the final four games, eating at comet burger. There was an altercation inside which moved outside, which ended with a man being thrown through a window. We take our basketball seriously.
    04-06-09 02:22 AM
    I wonder how some people get a job sometimes..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 02:25 AM
    Customer service uses their computer to pull up your equipment .Then following what you tell them .The info about your phone on their system tells them what could be happening with your phone.It has nothing to do with the people they hire .These people handle so many different problems for many different phones ,bluetooths, chargers ,and so on
    04-06-09 02:43 AM
    The important thing is that you were satisfied with your visit. I must give Verizon credit in this area, as they seem to genuinely care about their overall customer experience.
    04-06-09 03:05 AM
    The important thing is that you were satisfied with your visit. I must give Verizon credit in this area, as they seem to genuinely care about their overall customer experience.
    I agree...
    04-06-09 03:48 AM
    Here's how to get the guy/gal in the VZW store who knows what he's talking about....

1) When you're called on ask the person who comes to help you your question. If you're a member of these forums, if you're in the store asking a question it must be bad lol.

2) If/when they don't know the answer, pay attention to what other employee they go ask for the answers.

3) Get that employee's business card and direct all questions to him/her from now on.

VZW employees I've always seen try very hard to answer your questions, maybe even sometimes to a fault. Usually in the each store though there's those one or two people who are true geeks like us! lol Also keep in mind, they have to try and balance the minute details of an entire handset lineup, ranging 25 - 30 phones. We have our Storm's LOL. The guy who helped you had the right idea, but when it got to the part where his answer didn't solve the problem, he should have gone for help. Can't fault the guy for trying though.
    04-06-09 07:09 AM
    In terms of what he mentioned regarding the open applications, you are right that those applications are always running, except for the browser. What he mentioned about having to close them 12 times, that's ridiculous. It's similar to a computer: say you have a few applications open. You can click "Alt+Tab" to switch between programs, similar to holding the BB key down. However, on a computer, some applications do let you open multiple instances of them. Not true on a BB, if you click the icon to open it up, it will open the currently open instance, not create a new one. Similarly to applications on a computer, if you hit Close from the menu in an app, it will close down the application, similar to hitting Exit on a computer. Apps necessary to run the phone, such as the home screen, phone app, messages, etc, will not close entirely.
    04-06-09 07:35 AM
    Is there a way to find out what apps are running and close them, the ones not required of course.

I remember when I used win mobile there was such an app. .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 07:46 AM
    I understand that all cellular providers have there plus and minus. I have had service with Sprint, Alltel and Verizon of those Verizon and Alltel were the best when it came to Customer Service and now that they have merged I hope it gets better. But one bad experiance can ruin that for anyone. Fortunatly I have not had that problem yet.
    04-06-09 08:09 AM
    So I went to verizon to talk about a screen click issue. This is my customer service experience. Which I thought was pretty interesting

1.) We began by talking about the screen click and I got my replacement ordered. Easily done with minimal issues

2.) No he didn�t know when the new os was coming out. He said rim has talked about it but no date has been determined. Sorry nothing new here

3.) He told me that I had too many apps running in the background and it was slowing my phone down. I had browser, phone, messages, homescreen and bb messenger open. Now correct me if im wrong but these are required to run all the time for the phone to work. I proceeded to ask him how to close them (even tho I know) and did exactly what he said. Nothing closed. He told me that I had opened the programs so many times id have to close them like 12 times for them to not show as running. I did this, nothing happened. I then asked him, �well if I closed the homescreen app, how could I navigate the phone?� Or, �if I closed the phone how could I make a call?� He wasn�t too sure about this. He explained to me that he has seen people bring their phone in and nothing was running in the background. I thought to myself, well that�s probably why the phone needs service.

4.) Overall, they did help me with what I needed, so the visit wasn�t a complete bust.

On an interesting side note, the same day I was in Detroit for the final four games, eating at comet burger. There was an altercation inside which moved outside, which ended with a man being thrown through a window. We take our basketball seriously.
    this all sounds like a big crock to me to be honest.
    04-06-09 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD