This is a more recent issue, I have had my storm since January and have never had this issue until the past week. Whenever I place a call, 75% of the time I get about one minute of talking in before the call is dropped. I have the most up to date Verizon OS and have had it for nearly a month now (I believe its been that long), so I doubt its OS related. It is not like I am standing in a place with no service either, I have 2-4 bars and then randomly the call will drop (I haven't moved), I will look at my phone and will have a searching for service, and then one second later I will have 4 bars again. What could this be, and is there any possible fix for this? I am honestly getting very annoyed by this and desperately hope someone has some ideas. Thanks!
    11-16-09 05:01 PM
    This is a more recent issue, I have had my storm since January and have never had this issue until the past week. Whenever I place a call, 75% of the time I get about one minute of talking in before the call is dropped. I have the most up to date Verizon OS and have had it for nearly a month now (I believe its been that long), so I doubt its OS related. It is not like I am standing in a place with no service either, I have 2-4 bars and then randomly the call will drop (I haven't moved), I will look at my phone and will have a searching for service, and then one second later I will have 4 bars again. What could this be, and is there any possible fix for this? I am honestly getting very annoyed by this and desperately hope someone has some ideas. Thanks!
    Have you done a *228 then option 2 lately? That will refresh your network.
    11-16-09 05:03 PM
    Instead of taking option 2 when you dial *228 do the option 1 instead and have it reprogram your phone fully. That was the only suggestion that verizon had for me when they started checking the problems my blackberry has had since the phone updated to the latest OS version.
    11-17-09 05:24 PM
    *228 has never helped me. I don't have the exact same problem, but I do get dropped calls a lot more since I got my Storm a couple months ago. My Curve almost never dropped a call.
    11-17-09 05:58 PM
    is your network set to 1XEV?
    11-17-09 06:23 PM
    What region are u in?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD