So i called a few of my local stores around 5pm asking how many they had in stock, they all said they didnt know. About a half hr later i get a call from one of the stores i put my name on a list at, saying the storm is coming out 2mrw and they have about 30 and its 1st come 1st serve so, i think u should get there fairly early. I was working at the time and didnt think to ask how many people were on the list. I call back 10 mins later and a diff guy pics up and i ask him how many people are on the list.
    Rep: what list?
    me: The list you guys have to inform people about the stom
    rep: im sorry i dont know what you are talking about we dont have a list
    me: what do you mean you dont have a list i just got a call from someone there because i had put my name on the list!?!?!?
    rep: no im sorry i dont know anything about a list..

WTF? I think its all part of their plan to get people down to the store, well at least im hoping it is anyway!
    11-20-08 06:17 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry but I would've given him a piece of my mind.
    11-20-08 06:18 PM
    I'll be there at 5am anyways. I'm sick of waiting and will probably wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to fall asleep.
    11-20-08 06:19 PM
    Wow, I'm sorry but I would've given him a piece of my mind.
    I was about to but my head is already spinning from all this i just didnt feel like dealing with it! Im just gonna cross my fingers and hope getting there n hr b4 will do the job...well maybe an hr n a half or 2
    11-20-08 06:20 PM
    Yes, it's a plan to get people to the stores. Works doesn't it?
    11-20-08 06:21 PM
    haha last night i kept dreaming i was the 1st one in line and then all of a sudden there were a ton of ppl infront of me! I must have woke up atleast 2time. I cant imagine what 2night will be like!! god its pathetic! i truly am a bb strom addict and i dont even have the damn thing yet!!!!!
    11-20-08 06:22 PM
    In all honesty, I don't care what tactics Verizon is using if I'm able to walk into a store at any time on Friday and pick one up with no trouble. Truthfully, I'm hoping it's all to create hype and they'll have 100+ units in the store.

On the flip side, say the shortage rumors are true. I see iPhones everywhere now...whether it be in a corporate building or a ghetto concert. If there are STORM shortages, then at least the market won't be flooded with them for a short while.
    11-20-08 06:25 PM
    just got back from my verizon store,and Ill say this the store is very large.
    I spoke with a manager and he told me they only received 10 storms to sell come 7:30am.Its first come first serve.

That seems like a marketing plan gone bad.
    11-20-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD