I went into the "Verizon only" "Premium Retailer" (but not corporate) store today. Manager said he received an email today that they were not getting the Storm until the 24th.

I was a little taken aback 'cause he had my name and I'm 1st on his list of 9 to sell it to.

Then, (you're gonna' love this) he says "oh, you don't want to wait in line on the 21st at 6 AM" and (now the best part), he also said that if I order it on-line or telesales on Friday the 21st, it won't ship until Monday, then another 2 days to wait until I get it on Wednesday (26th)

Now we all know by now he is F.O.S. regarding shipping time (yes, I know ships Friday, can have it Saturday), but has anyone else heard that retailers won't have it until the 24th even though corp stores are set to have it the 21st
    Last edited by hal1; 11-14-08 at 06:08 PM.
    11-14-08 05:51 PM
    I went into the "Verizon only" (but not corporate) store today. Manager said he received an email today that they were not getting the Storm until the 24th.

I was a little taken aback 'cause he had my name and I'm 1st on his list of 9 to sell it to.

Then, (you're gonna' love this) he says "oh, you don't want to wait in line on the 21st at 6 AM" and (now the best part), he also said that if I order it on-line or telesales on Friday the 21st, it won't ship until Monday, then another 2 days to wait until I get it on Wednesday (26th)

Now we all know by now he is F.O.S. regarding shipping time (yes, I know ships Friday, can have it Saturday), but has anyone else heard that retailers won't have it until the 24th even though corp stores are set to have it the 21st

Actually yes. I have a "premium retailer" near me and when I called they said it would be the following week before they had them. I'm now going to drive an extra half hour to get one from a "real" store. And I called that "real" store today and they also told me that only corporate stores would have it on the 21st.
    11-14-08 05:54 PM
    Yep, Best Buy told me they wouldn't have it till at least a few days after the corporate stores.
    11-14-08 06:13 PM
    Yep, Best Buy told me they wouldn't have it till at least a few days after the corporate stores.
    Hmmm, I was just at the BB where I placed my preorder and he said the 21st, and he'll be calling people to set up appointments
    11-14-08 06:21 PM
    This may be in the wrong thread/forum but go easy on me since this is my first post.

I've always dealt with a Corporate Store until today when I couldn't get through on the phone. Then I called an Authorized(d/k if it's a "Premium?) Retailer today and the owner wasn't sure when he'd get his Storms in. I asked about pricing and he said he would try to beat the Corp. Store's pricing.

My question is is it OK to deal with an AR Store as far as warranty, service, plans, etc.? Any negatives in general?

TIA,

Dan
    11-14-08 07:00 PM
    Best Buy told me today that if you pre-ordered and are high on the list you will definetly get it on the 21st, same day as VZW. At this point, both BB's near me have stopped taking pre-orders because they have reached the number that they are supposed to recieve, so they cant guarantee people the 21st who havent pre-ordered.
    11-14-08 07:46 PM
    This may be in the wrong thread/forum but go easy on me since this is my first post.

I've always dealt with a Corporate Store until today when I couldn't get through on the phone. Then I called an Authorized(d/k if it's a "Premium?) Retailer today and the owner wasn't sure when he'd get his Storms in. I asked about pricing and he said he would try to beat the Corp. Store's pricing.

My question is is it OK to deal with an AR Store as far as warranty, service, plans, etc.? Any negatives in general?

TIA,

Dan
    Dude, while not exactly on topic, still a righteous post. You'll often see a post taking a thread in a slightly different direction. Also, If you do a search, you'll also find some more posts about your question. I think you can take your VZ phone into any corp. store for service or call VZ, regardless (that's right, NOT IRregardless) of where you bought it.
    11-14-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD