Hey out there!

Verizon Reports 1 Million BlackBerry Storms Sold.

If every storm is so buggy as mine is, they will get in trouble. My storm sometimes doesn�t boot correctly and I�m unavailable for a couple of hours (who of you is controlling if your phone is booting?!). But now it even doesn�t ring on incoming calls, no message alert or even the clock alert. I got in hard trouble because sometimes I missed my dates.

Verizon, Vodafone, RIM fix this damned bugs!!! I�m using BB�s for a couple of years, but if I can�t use it, I will change.

Who of you can tell a story like mine???
    01-28-09 06:22 AM
    1mil sold, 950k returned....lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 06:26 AM
    And the other 50k not in use, uhm?!
    01-28-09 06:44 AM
    50k are the crackberrys

US
    01-28-09 06:50 AM
    No, those are the ones not recorded for various reasons, i.e. Launched out a window, used as a high-class paperweight, or the ones not reported because the owner was found hanging from the ceiling....

01-28-09 06:53 AM
    I�m crackberry, too. But my Storm won�t run .90. Every other OS is to slow, instable a.s.o.

What shall I do? Take my 8800 again and wait for a new OS?! That�s not what I wanted to have when I bought my Storm!!
    Last edited by no.name; 01-28-09 at 06:55 AM.
    01-28-09 06:53 AM
    1mil sold, 950k returned....lol.

I'm with you bergerking...how many of these units are still activated and being used? I've seen people post that they've returned them up to 5 times. Yeah I'm sure over 1 million have been circulated, but how many are actually working today?
    01-28-09 06:54 AM
    I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have had my Storm since the end of December and have not had one problem. Only memory leak which isn't to big of a deal. I love this thing!!
    01-28-09 07:07 AM
    I love my Storm, too. It�s great. But I want, that it does, what I want, when I want.
    01-28-09 07:15 AM
    I've said it before, knock on wood, as a newbie my expectations are low and we've gotten pretty well adjusted to ours for our limited (phone and Email) needs.
    As for that number being in circulation, won't that be fun when a new official O/S finally arrives and everyone tries to download at once...
    01-28-09 07:39 AM
    That�s why the BB-Page-Servers are so slow. I can�t imagine, that RIM is working with a slow backbone, but if 20.000 users are trying to download....

I�ll download from Vodafone. Germany=little country=less customers=more speed...
    01-28-09 07:43 AM
    My Storm and my wifes Storm have been great since day 1. Oh well, there will always be a few defective phones out of a million!
    01-28-09 08:06 AM
    My wife has had her 9530 for 3 weeks and she loves it....
    01-28-09 08:09 AM
    The first two months it worked great, but then it gets slowlier and slowier. The only thing that gets faster is my battery. Now it runs out of power in approxamitly 8h!
    01-28-09 08:16 AM
    love my storm..
    01-28-09 08:20 AM
    I never had too many problems with my Storm, mostly just some lag usually when switching from portrait to landscape mode. I left mine at .76. Only reason I got rid of it was because I couldn't stand typing on the touch screen.
    01-28-09 08:21 AM
    I've had my Storm since the end of December and I have not had ay probles with battery or anything that would hinder my phone in any way. Maybe I'm just lucky.
    01-28-09 08:21 AM
    I am on my second storm, and i have even dropped it in the snow and left it there for an hour and its still fine I love the blackberry storm
    01-28-09 08:25 AM
    I have two and they are both buggy and unreliable. I was going to order 30+ for my staff, but never would do so after the experience I have had with mine. I absolutely love the click screen, though all the other issues can make daily use very frustrating...

If Apple brings the I-Phone to Verizon before the OS is cleaned up, this thing is toast. Otherwise, all of us Storm owners have really just been guinea pigs, financing a great idea from Rim that was not, and is not, ready for primetime.
    01-28-09 08:43 AM
    Fewer problems with my Storm than with my old MotoKrzr Km1. Far more features too.
    01-28-09 08:48 AM
    I had a problem with my first storm: it worked great and I dropped it.
    But I got my replacement via asurion, which had a bad mic. Got another and all is well again. I love this phone.
    I hear returns are still in a single digit percentage. Must not count those that get another storm in return. At least they have been trying to please people.

01-28-09 08:51 AM
    I have two and they are both buggy and unreliable. I was going to order 30+ for my staff, but never would do so after the experience I have had with mine. I absolutely love the click screen, though all the other issues can make daily use very frustrating...

If Apple brings the I-Phone to Verizon before the OS is cleaned up, this thing is toast. Otherwise, all of us Storm owners have really just been guinea pigs, financing a great idea from Rim that was not, and is not, ready for primetime.
    Amen. So was me.
    01-28-09 08:51 AM
    Hate to take the wind out of anyones sail, but where is this total coming from?

I have looked at the sources for the information - Computer World states that it was provided by "company officials".

i4u.com - "according to Computer World".

Endgadget - "Verizon has made it known".

Even on Crackberry a WSJ article was referenced, but when I read the article all I could find was a report of 500,000 units and it states that the number was provided by "people who are familiar with the matter".

Isn't that like picking up a copy of Enquirer magazine and hearing that a "close source" or "family friend" released some information about a celebrity?

If anyone finds some concrete evidence regarding this figure, please let me know.
    01-28-09 09:24 AM
    I don�t want to make someone know, that RIM sold 1000k. I only wondered if all 1000k are buggy as mine...

01-28-09 09:43 AM
    Hey out there!

Verizon Reports 1 Million BlackBerry Storms Sold.

I don�t want to make someone know, that RIM sold 1000k.
    The heading for your thread and your first post both have you putting out information that you can't verify with a trusted source.

I am all about sharing information and promoting honest dialog, however, the information, at the very least, needs to be backed up by facts or a credible source. Especially regarding this issue because it is a topic that a lot of people on this site have been asking about.
    01-28-09 09:59 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD