First let me give you the back story. I bought a USED storm on eBay. Like most storm users on CB, dust gathered like crazy. I called customer service just to see what would happen. They told me that since I didn't buy it directly from Verizon, the best they could do is send me a refurbished phone for $50. I was about to take the deal, but first I decided to go to my local Verizon store just to see what would happen. I walked in, told them there was dust under my screen, and they gave me a brand new phone straight from the box for FREE!!! They didn't ask anything like... Where did you buy it? When did you buy it? What did you do to it? Also, I had a 113/114 hybrid installed, but they didn't seem to care. They even said that if I have any other problems to come back and they will give me another new one!

Has anybody else on CB had such an awesome experience?
    03-21-09 09:44 PM
    lucky SOB!!!

hahaha
    03-21-09 09:49 PM
    A little guts and determination goes a LONG WAY. You went against the odds and won.
    03-21-09 09:58 PM
    Wow that is really awesome.
    03-21-09 10:11 PM
    Holy holy, you are my hero.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 11:32 PM
    Wow haha seriosly very awesome hope your new storm I keeps you happy. I want a new one seems like they fix the storm with something new every month. But that is just me.

03-21-09 11:35 PM
    They've probably gotten so sick of people coming in with issues, that they don't think twice about it.
    03-21-09 11:36 PM
    They've probably gotten so sick of people coming in with issues, that they don't think twice about it.
    I think you are right. I started to tell him how long I had been using the phone, but he said he didn't really care how old it was and he would just give me a new one. HA
    03-21-09 11:40 PM
    i received mine from asurion that wouldn't click. I took it to a Verizon store to see if they would switch it. Once they pulled up my account it showed that I got it from them and they told me to call them for a replacement
    03-22-09 12:02 AM
    Nice. Yea very lucky but I find that any rep that has it knows that its very buggy

03-22-09 12:02 AM
    i never have this type of luck... enjoy your new storm
    03-22-09 12:17 AM
    Where does all this so called "dust" come from and how does it get under the screen? Do you all live in the desert? Ive seen 100000 people complain about this. I dont see 1 speck of anything under my screen.
    03-22-09 12:19 AM
    my first storm was used..then got a brand new replacement from vzw.
    03-22-09 05:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD