I did a search and found some conflicting information, so I was hoping I would be able to get a difinitive answer.

I am using a New Every 2 from another line on my family share plan. I'm probably going to order the Storm online, so it will be shipped to me. I've heard that there is some weird activation thing I have to do on the line that I ordered the phone for, and then I have to reactivate the old phone on that account, and then activate the blackberry on my number (sorry if that didn't make sense.)

It just seems to me that when they send me the new phone, I should just be able to activate it on the line I want to.

So what's the deal? What do I have to do when I order the Storm?
    10-17-08 12:54 PM
    So there is no way to directly activate it to the number i want?
    10-17-08 12:58 PM
    Alright. I'll trust you guys. My only concern is, neither of these numbers is currently a blackberry. Will it make me upgrade to the BIS account on the other number when I activate it? Or can I just hold off until I put it on the other number?
    10-17-08 01:11 PM
    When you order the Storm, tell them you want to process it as an "alternate upgrade", they will ask what line you want the Storm activated on, then you can just activate it when it comes in the mail. VZW started this a couple months ago, the rep will know what you're talking about.
    10-17-08 01:13 PM
    Thank you for the responses. Can't wait to get my first BB!
    10-17-08 01:16 PM
    just tell them it's an alternate upgrade for your secondary line. they'll know what it is, and they'll send it to you ready to activate on your secondary line. you'll only need to activate it once. there will be no need for activating and deactivating multiple times.
    10-17-08 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD