I just got one of those clear plastic snap cases from the verizon store and I like it a lot but there seems to be an issue. I can no longer play brick breaker it just keeps pausing. If I click unpause it just pauses again. I also noticed that on the top right of my screen where the play pause button is the click does not work as well as if the case was off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 08:43 AM
    I had that same case and hated it. So I returned it back to the store and got the silicone case, which is MUCH better, albeit probably less protective.

01-18-09 09:10 AM
    I also have the clear VZW case. The case itself is ok, a bit bit bulky though. If your phone happens to fall it comes apart VERY easily. As long as you don't drop your phone or don't mind the bulk it's ok...

As far as BrickBreaker is concerned, I haven't had that problem myself with the case on.
    01-18-09 09:28 AM
    I also have the clear VZW case. The case itself is ok, a bit bit bulky though. If your phone happens to fall it comes apart VERY easily. As long as you don't drop your phone or don't mind the bulk it's ok...

As far as BrickBreaker is concerned, I haven't had that problem myself with the case on.
    That is the same experience for me; bulky, yet easily separates if dropped ... kinda defeats the purpose of the bulkiness.
    01-18-09 11:25 AM
    I had that same case and hated it. So I returned it back to the store and got the silicone case, which is MUCH better, albeit probably less protective.

The clicking with the case on is annoying me so I am returning the case. Do they have a black silicone case? Does it feel more durable then the loose rubber cases they have?

01-18-09 11:28 AM
    That is the same experience for me; bulky, yet easily separates if dropped ... kinda defeats the purpose of the bulkiness.
    lol, exactly. Should have thought it out a little more in the design phase.
    01-18-09 11:40 AM
    The clicking with the case on is annoying me so I am returning the case. Do they have a black silicone case? Does it feel more durable then the loose rubber cases they have?

I have had both. -Er, actually.. I've had three(all VZW OEM Products from the VZW store.) I had the black silicone that has the same shape as the clear plastic, wraps it entirely but leaves the "Blackberry" logo on the front near the earpiece UNCOVERED. I didn't like that so I exchanged for a thicker feeling purple one(available in purple, black, and grey I believe) which DID cover the front leaving a sized hole for the earpiece. This skin is a dream - Never comes off if dropped, protects everything well as it kinda makes it bounce, heh. However, I am constantly putting my Storm in my pocket and taking it out, and the Silicone made it resistant and annoying to move around(got caught on every fabric). I also noticed it would attact dust and hold it, and cat/dog/human hair as well. I was constantly annoyed with it.

I now have the clear snap on green case, which I think is pointless - I has a similar one for my curve and dropped it. I watched as it hit the ground- both sides of the case popped off and proceeded to watch my curve itself bounce down a set of concrete stairs. Great.

However, I feel it's better than nothing and despite the bulk - I can get it in and out of my pockets w/o any trouble. It's a personal preference thing... Plus the clear green looks cool. However, my purple silicone looks cool as well. Happy hunting..

Oh, and w/ the Clear Green I have had no screen problems.
    01-18-09 11:42 AM
    I have 6 different cases/holsters for my storm. I have 3 OEM silicon cases which I love...I have the blue, clear, and gray ones which I keep on around the house all the time. They dont offer much protection, but will help a tiny bit in the event of a minor fall. I also have the chrome snap on case from Verizon/BB, and I havent dropped my storm yet, but noticed it does come apart fairly easy. I have no screen issues whatsoever with that case on so Im not to sure where your issues are stemming from. Although it is a bit bulky, I love the look of it. I had the clear one first, but returned it after seeing the chrome one on my uncles Storm. I picked 2 up, one for me and one for my fathers storm. I just got a mobile glove horizontal medium sized holster which is great cause its big enough to the point where I can use the snap on case or any of my silicon cases with the holster for double protection. My father got one as well to use for work. My only gripe with the Mobile Glove case is it doesnt put the Storm into sleep mode, but its something I can live with as I can just lock it before putting it into the holster. Then the last one I have is the BB holster from Verizon. I have been using that one since day one, and use it when I dont feel like using a silicon or the bulkiness my snap on case.
    01-18-09 12:34 PM
    Crowlikerufio that was my same issue I liked my rubber case but when you combine the call pickup bug along with trying to get the storm out of your pocket with the rubber case sticking to your pocket calls didn't have a chance. This is why I keep looking for a new case, I lpkr this plastic case but the issue I'm having woth it are just way to annoying

01-18-09 12:37 PM
    I've noticed. if you've done any of the fixes for the click. (i.e paper, felt pads) the case presses further on the back, thus, doesn't allow the door to bow from the paper or the felt pads, thus it pushes the back flat, and this alters the click to feel spongy and unresponsive. I put less of whatever I was using (felt pads for me) and with the case on it works beautifully now. so if it's altering the click of the screen and you've done any of those, try less material. I was gonna take mine back until then, it works great now.
    01-18-09 12:43 PM
    I did not do any click fixes, all I did was put the snap case on and that is all. It's as if its to tight or something because when I remove it, its fine.
    01-20-09 08:45 PM
    I don't have any issues with the VZW snap case. I just bought another one, this one is "purty" because the top portion is chrome and the back is black. To the OP, go back to the VZW store and ask to try another one.

01-20-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD