I am thinking about switching from TMO to get this but I get slammed on the plan. I have a 1500 minutes plan now for $59.99 plus the $20 BB add on. After those bull**** taxes I only pay about $95 a month.

Verizon would be over $150 for the same minutes. Anyone out there know if they match competitors plans or have any advice for me?

Thanks
    11-13-08 06:04 PM
    I am thinking about switching from TMO to get this but I get slammed on the plan. I have a 1500 minutes plan now for $59.99 plus the $20 BB add on. After those bull**** taxes I only pay about $95 a month.

Verizon would be over $150 for the same minutes. Anyone out there know if they match competitors plans or have any advice for me?

Thanks
    they don't price match
    11-13-08 06:06 PM
    In my experience with Verizon, I have never needed as many mintues with Verizon as I do with other carriers. My family moved from ATT to Verizon and this is just our case but we use about 35% less minutes then we did with ATT. I would assume this is mostly because VZW is the largest carrier and considering it gets the absolute BEST coverage around my area, most people have Verizon, so in short terms every call/text virtually is free. =) If I were you I'd look at some of your old bills and logs to check peak hours and such, and really see if coverage and what not is worth the price.
    11-13-08 06:08 PM
    They're a big company that knows people switch to them for the service and/or phone exclusivity, so no.
    The only thing I could suggest is that you ask if they will give you a one time credit for having to cancel your contract at TMo to switch over, even if you don't have to cancel.
    11-13-08 06:08 PM
    In my experience with Verizon, I have never needed as many mintues with Verizon as I do with other carriers. My family moved from ATT to Verizon and this is just our case but we use about 35% less minutes then we did with ATT. I would assume this is mostly because VZW is the largest carrier and considering it gets the absolute BEST coverage around my area, most people have Verizon, so in short terms every call/text virtually is free. =) If I were you I'd look at some of your old bills and logs to check peak hours and such, and really see if coverage and what not is worth the price.
    agree'd, those IN minutes really help out, id probably say 60% of the people i talk to have verizon, then u have Free Nights and Weekends, i do a lot of talking on the phone, and i only 400 minutes on my plan never went over.
    11-13-08 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD