Withdrawn unable to delete
    Last edited by jrohland; 03-29-12 at 06:21 PM.
    11-02-09 06:07 AM
    they were out of Storm1 at my local store as well. My buddy went in to get his cracked screen fixed and when they looked in the system to have him a refurb sent they said their warehouses dont have any in stock. They then offered to replace his right there on the spot.

he too asked about the S2 and they said they were not able to do anything for him.

lets hope they are phasing the S1 out down the line
    11-02-09 06:13 AM
    pls i wud like tokno d difference btwn bb and a bb verizon
    11-02-09 06:21 AM
    I called last Monday to get a refurbished device (again) and they said it would be at my house Wednesday. Wednesday passed so in Thursday I called them up and asked what was going on. They said they have none and they will call around and ask the stores in cities around me. None. So I'm stick with a ****ty device that won't take a charge untill Thursday when they say they will have one. I asked about just sending me a storm 2 because this will be my sixth replacement and I didn't take the offer to switch after my third. They said they couldn't because I just opened another line on the 28 just to get my brother in law the storm two and I have to wait another year for an upgrade. I told them the storm 2 is not an upgrade its the same frucking thing with the same problems just faster. But they still said no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 07:29 AM
    I called last Monday to get a refurbished device (again) and they said it would be at my house Wednesday. Wednesday passed so in Thursday I called them up and asked what was going on. They said they have none and they will call around and ask the stores in cities around me. None. So I'm stick with a ****ty device that won't take a charge untill Thursday when they say they will have one. I asked about just sending me a storm 2 because this will be my sixth replacement and I didn't take the offer to switch after my third. They said they couldn't because I just opened another line on the 28 just to get my brother in law the storm two and I have to wait another year for an upgrade. I told them the storm 2 is not an upgrade its the same frucking thing with the same problems just faster. But they still said no.

I usually don't pull for people who ask for upgrades when they don't deserve one but if the store is out and you've waited more the 24 hours then IMHO they should cough up a Storm 2. And considering the amount of app memory it has over Storm 1 that does make it an upgrade.
    11-02-09 07:41 AM
    I had the same issue I went to get my s1. Replaced because as of this weekend my storm refused to charge. They too saif they were out of storms and that they would ship me one in Tuesday. I hope I get a s2.

11-02-09 07:52 AM
    i got my Storm 1 on Jan.1st, about 11 months ago. i am still under Verizons 1 year warranty.for the past month i have had an issue with the bottom left corner not clicking. if i tap my finger really hard on the whole screen it frees itself up and starts working again. it has done this twice now in the past month or so. should i hold out another month or two and then ask for a replacement? if they are running low on Storm 1 now what will they have a month from now? also like i said, it is an intermittent issue, so if i get a new phone and send the defective one back and its clicking at the time they get it, what will happen?

I am not abusing the system, and trying just to get a new phone. My phone has been working great as far as functions with the software and new OS. i just dont want my 1 year warranty to run out Jan 1st 2010 and then phone starts acting up again.
    11-02-09 09:34 AM
    Sunday (yesterday) the wife says "just use the open upgrade we have to get yourself a Storm 2". As tempting as that is, I want her to get the next new phone, she deserves it. She has had the cheap and hand-me-downs for years. It is time she has the option to pick what she wants.

I think she is waiting to check out the Droid.

Anyway, I am happy with the Storm if it would just work right. My original was great for the first 6 months.

jrohland
    You, sir, are a good and decent man. Taking such good care of your wife is just plain sexy. I'm married to one of those kinda guys, too.
    11-02-09 09:50 AM
    i went to my vzw store yesterday because i could not delete any messages,(text,email...) the salesman did a battery pull and still wont delete. he went into the back room to see if he had a s1 to give me none, he said they sent them back to load the new os. and he called around and none to be found!. he then handed me my phone back and said... SORRY THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO FOR YOU. he did not even offer to give me a storm 2.i have 5 phones on vzw. cs sucks
    11-02-09 10:05 AM
    verizons downfall... poor customer service..
    11-02-09 10:09 AM
    Sunday (yesterday) the wife says "just use the open upgrade we have to get yourself a Storm 2". As tempting as that is, I want her to get the next new phone, she deserves it. She has had the cheap and hand-me-downs for years. It is time she has the option to pick what she wants.

I think she is waiting to check out the Droid.

Anyway, I am happy with the Storm if it would just work right. My original was great for the first 6 months.

jrohland
    Have them track down the Storm for replacement and then give THAT to her, new in box and THEN use her upgrade for a Storm 2, everyone wins, you BOTH get new phones. Of course if she's on a dummy phone you ALSO get a new 30 per month charge too.
    11-02-09 10:28 AM
    I would like to know if you guys had insurance? I didn't see that mentioned? If you did have insurance and had been paying the $5.00 a month or whatever it costs, I would say that is not acceptable at all.
    11-02-09 10:32 AM
    Do you think that once they completely phase out the storm1 they will still refuse to give you a storm2 if your one is having problems. Cause I just got my storm1 and if it has problems I don't want to be stuck with a phone that doesn't work for a week till I can get a new one.
    11-02-09 10:32 AM
    The CR called me back to say my preferred store did not have any but another store just 8 miles further claims to have 30 replacement Storms in inventory. I will try to get out there this afternoon.

Sorry, I won't tell you the store until after I get mine.

As to Verizon's customer service. The manager can't pull Storms out of thin air. If they don't have them, they can't give you one. I do think they should have some flexibility in offering discounted upgrades to Storm 2 but that is a corporate policy. I am not asking them to give me one just offer something other than full retail.

jrohland
    Verizon itself DOES have some flexibility in that regard, but it is above the Store level. You would need executive relations (the presidents office), or a supervisor from phone support (who probably needs his/her supervisor to authorize) to get your annual upgrade moved up. Are you close to 1 year?
    11-02-09 10:43 AM
    my local verizon store has always been good to my wife and i. my wife is very hard on her phones and does not carry insurance. they have upgraded her for free in the past after having issues with a current device. i do carry insurance and if a phone is not available as a replacement they will give me the choice of the next gen or a different device that is the same price or lower. i am sure they are getting a lot of false insurance claims now from S1 users just trying to get a new S2. i will just wait. besides you know the first line of devices always has some kind of hardware issue that needs to be resolve with a revision so. better to just wait it out.
    11-02-09 10:58 AM
    I do not have insurance. Mine are warranty replacements.

jrohland
    OK, Thanks for letting me know. Now I wonder what they would have done with a customer who has insurance? I would hope they would have a better option other than the one they presented to you.
    11-02-09 11:12 AM
    Went to the store at Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA where I got the third replacement. This one sucks. The screen click at the top is nonexistent. Otherwise I guess it is OK.

jrohland
    Get your wife the droid, dont put her thru all this mess with the storm. Trust me, I spend more time trying to show my wife how to keep the storm running decently than I do enjoying it myself. Things are a little better with the new os, but it has left such a bad impression on her it's all I can do to keep her out of the at&t store and getting in iphone. Do the droid!
    11-02-09 08:30 PM
    My local VZW didn't have any Storms, either. Apparently the only place near here that has them is the warehouse in Jacksonville (~2 hours away) and they said it was "locked" and only their phone line people could ship those out.
    11-02-09 10:00 PM
    they are not out of storm 1s. the stores were instructed to send their storms back so they could all be loaded with the new software. i also needed a warranty replacement and had to wait for mine to be shipped from the warehouse.
    11-02-09 10:18 PM
    when 5.0.0.328 hit pretty much all the stores nationwide had storms with .148. they asked all the stores to send back the 148 software phones to be updated to 5.0. thus leaving a shortage of phones available. they won't let stores update blackberries in store so they were all quarantined and shipped back, they will be back up and available soon.
    11-02-09 11:33 PM
    I got a warranty replacement Storm on Friday. It worked great until Saturday afternoon. Now one edge of the touch screen is not working.

I called Verizon this AM to get a replacement. No problem right. A few minutes later she called me back to say Verizon is out of Storms. She is going to contact a nearby store to see if they have any.

Of course I suggested she could just give me a Storm 2 as a replacement. She says "they have not come to a decission on that yet". I found that an interesting answer.

jrohland
    I tried to get my warranty replacement last night and was also told the same story about being out of stock in all stores in the area as well as the warehouse. After a lot of squeaking about how that sounded like bs the rep fessed up and told me vzw sent his store 2 storm1's with 5.0 to sell but they were instructed to send back all 45 currently in stock for the upgrade...as you can imagine those two went far. Then he also told me the warehouse had plenty but couldnt send out anymore til hopfully the middle of the week cuz of the os problems.

I can understand vzw's possition, why send out a phone that has a known problem to have to replace that one as well, but on the other hand I dond understand how pulling my battery fixed the frozen phone I brought in to begin with. All that did was unfreeze it til the next two times I have done the same since!
    11-03-09 04:29 AM
    I would like to know if you guys had insurance? I didn't see that mentioned? If you did have insurance and had been paying the $5.00 a month or whatever it costs, I would say that is not acceptable at all.
    I do have insurance, but Ill be damned if I am going to pay the $50 deductable to get a new phone through that when it is a warranty issue and should be replaced free!
    11-03-09 04:34 AM
    I got a warranty replacement Storm on Friday. It worked great until Saturday afternoon. Now one edge of the touch screen is not working.

I called Verizon this AM to get a replacement. No problem right. A few minutes later she called me back to say Verizon is out of Storms. She is going to contact a nearby store to see if they have any.

Of course I suggested she could just give me a Storm 2 as a replacement. She says "they have not come to a decission on that yet". I found that an interesting answer.

jrohland
    So, because of a VZW error you are without phone service. (No phone No service). That is like VZW without towers. No towers No service.

Seems they just forget who pays the bills. Oh how I wish I could change to ATT but then they have there issues. Maybe we need to Gov't to regulate this industry. Ut oh more work higher taxes.

WE THE PEOPLE JUST CAN'T WIN.
    11-03-09 05:18 AM
    I went into a VZW store this past Friday because my Storm's screen only clicks on the bottom when it feels like it. It's been an issue for a while, but it's seems to be getting worse.

Anyway, I take my Storm into the store and describe the problem to the rep, show her my phone, and she replies, "Well, you know, we just released a software update a few days ago. Let me have someone update your phone." I then asked her how a software update would fix a non-clicking screen. She looked right at me and said, "It will." I laughed. I told her that's like upgrading to Windows 7 because your mouse doesn't work.

She ordered me a replacement phone LOL

Hopefully, my phone shows up today like it's supposed to.....
    11-03-09 09:53 AM
    I received a green label storm last Friday, had 5.0 on it...
    11-03-09 12:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD