Before you get too much outlandish advise and this thread gets out of hand let me tell you EXACTLY what to do having just done EXACTLY that. I had an OMNIA and spent 2 months on a new contract trying to make it "easy" to use and watched my friend simply use his storm with delight. After playig with his storm for a while I really liked it and decided that's what I wanted.

I put my omnia (purchased for 99.00 on special promo) on craigslist for free at 11pm cst asking 200.00. At 7am the next morning it was sold and I walked away with a profit. Luckily my friend had an extra storm that he sold me for 99.99. I then went to the verizon web site and in my account changed the esn number on my phone and it automatically added the blackberry service plan....5 minutes and I was using the phone. You may have to spend a few extra dollars to get the storm but it's possible and you can probably ask more money on craigslist than I did.

In the end I love my storm since I enjoy it for what it is and don't dwell too much on how it could be better. Compared to the omnia the storm is perfect.
    04-24-09 06:34 PM
    ok so im gonna call them today and complain, maybe that will work...if not im gonna:

1. Cancel contract ($95), Buy storm on 2yr contract ($200), Activation ($35), and try to get them to port over my number= all together with tax about $350

^^and hope they let me port over my number which they already told me they cant, but i can just send a mass text to my phonebook letting everyone one know of my new number...
    04-25-09 09:04 AM
    1. You can go to Verizon, tell them you hate the phone. Act an a$$ and ask for a manager, they will let you swap or a Storm... maybe.

2. You can go to Verizon, say your phone was broken, lost , or stolen. If you have no insurance, they will offer you one year pricing which is about $269 or so when I last checked (not $599)

3. You can sell your device on eBay for at least $150. Put that with your b-day money, go to Verizon, and buy the Storm full retail for $499 (not $599).

4. You can still sell your Onmia on eBay for at least $150, then follow the steps of #1 or #2!!
    04-25-09 09:15 AM
    I have a storm for sale...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:22 AM
    ok ive decided what im gonna do...
    on sunday, im gonna go in there with my dad, complain and say i cant use the omnia for another 1 1/2 yr, and see if they can do anything, if not, im going to Cancel contract ($95), Buy storm on 2yr contract ($200), Activation ($35), and try to get them to port over my number= all together with tax about $350

this is bull**** why did i pick the omnia in the first place?!?!
    04-25-09 09:49 AM
    Why don't you just buy the phone and sell your other phone on ebay? I've paid retail for phones before because I didn't want to cancel my contract and lose my phone number.
    04-25-09 10:22 AM
    ok ive decided what im gonna do...
    on sunday, im gonna go in there with my dad, complain and say i cant use the omnia for another 1 1/2 yr, and see if they can do anything, if not, im going to Cancel contract ($95), Buy storm on 2yr contract ($200), Activation ($35), and try to get them to port over my number= all together with tax about $350

this is bull**** why did i pick the omnia in the first place?!?!
    If you do that you can still sell the Omnia on ebay and recoup some of the $350 you are going to lose.
    04-25-09 10:51 AM
    Have you tried the marketplace here on CB? There was a guy looking to trade his storm for an omnia. If not I picked up a storm on ebay for $300, youll probably break even.
    04-25-09 10:59 AM
    I bought my storm 2-weeks old for $225 off of craigslist. If you were to do that and sell your Omnia on ebay, you'd probably end up making money.
    04-25-09 11:30 AM
    I have a mint storm for 250! Bought it off a girl that couldn't afford her plan. Not a scratch on it! But I did see that if I leave it on charger after fully charged, it starts draining battery. Gonna try charging by usb to see if its charger. Comes with everything. Charges fully with no probs though! If interested, gimme a PM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 11:36 AM
    I got an Omnia for Christmas which I absolutley hate. I have 1 1/2 years left on my contract and no "upgrade" in the near future. At first they told me to pay retail at $600+ and trade in the Omnia for $44, even though on VZW.com it said trade in value of $115. Anyway I walked out then went back in thinking about canceling the line for $95 and buying the storm on a new line at 2yr price for $200. It would end up about $350, which is exactly how much money I got for my birthday. The only thing wrong with this method is I would obviously lose my phone number, which I would really rather not do. Any suggestions?
    Phone numbers are ALWAYS transferable.

Are you with VzW on the Omnia? If so, there is no reason you have to pay to get out of the Omnia. I switched from XV6800 to the Storm, BEFORE my 2 year contract expires and it did not cost me anything. It will cost you ONLY when you are leaving the carrier.

Nevertheless, if you don't like your existing phone, it is okay to pay to get out. It is better to have a short term pain than a long term pain (for staying with a phone that you hate).
    04-25-09 11:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD