I received the same offer from Verizon but imho, the curve would be a downgrade. I also wanted to see Verizon's reaction so I mentioned that I was thinking about switching to another network. The rep that I spoke to on the phone told me that they would waive my etf if I elected to switch. Decisions decisions.

By the end of August, the Tour would have to be available. Just wait it out a little longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 05:51 PM
    if you play your cards right you might can talk em in to gettin you a samsung knack
    06-13-09 05:52 PM
    If you smile really sweetly, they might dig up a samsung 340 for you!

Seriously .. the way it works is there's a chart that shows what phones are replaced with what. Varying from that chart is tough. I doubt the Tour will be on the chart as a replacement device for awhile.

As far as the offer being good til Aug... not sure how they plan to do that. You need to get that in writing and be sure it is very plainly notated on your acct by managment.

With this kind of offer, no money changes hands. You can't pay more to get a diff phone or get money back.
    06-13-09 08:24 PM
    Wow if they're giving u til august that's a great deal. We never offer timelines like that to customers. They will put u in a tour when it comes out and you won't have to pay for it. Definitely try to hold out until then if u can that a great offer.

06-13-09 09:50 PM
    That's my opinion as a vzw employee. Be patient and wait for wat u really want

06-13-09 09:54 PM
    Wait for TOUR

06-13-09 10:00 PM
    Hey guys. New here. I've had the storm since January, and I've been moderately happy. I've had a defective device the entire time that I was told would be fixed with the new operating system release. It wasn't. They replaced my phone, the new devices battery door wouldn't close, so I sent that back, and I got a new device this Monday. Screen has serious clicking problems, and some stuff got under the screen. I dunno. I'm sending it back.

Bottom line, Verizon offered to give me a new phone. I told them I would need to think about what phone I would want, as they said they will give me any similar device. I just don't know what I should ask for. I need something that has full html browser, e-mail, etc. I'd prefer to get away from the touch screen market now. What devices are similar, and wouldn't force me to compromise?
    Ask for a new phone! I'm guessing you have yet gotten a new phone, but a referb. You can call
    611 and tell them the pin# and they'll tell you whether its new or referbed. Or even used.
    And if you walk into a corporate store you can do that on sight. Many have had the same phone
    For months and don't have any of your problems. Its usually with many exchanges.

06-13-09 10:13 PM
    Wow if they're giving u til august that's a great deal. We never offer timelines like that to customers. They will put u in a tour when it comes out and you won't have to pay for it. Definitely try to hold out until then if u can that a great offer.

Well they are giving me till August because they said "technically you have 90 days from the first of the 3 phones in that 90 day time period, which was like June 5th or something, so 90 days after June 5th. 90 days after is late august or so. They encouraged me to be quick about it though, simply because "the sooner it is, the more credibility the case has." I straight up told them I wasn't going to even think about this for 2 weeks, and when I get back I'll talk to them.

Lets say for a second that the tour does come out July 17th or whenever was estimated. When do you think we would find out it was coming out for sure on verizon then? 2 weeks ahead of time or so? Basically as soon as the VZW reps are told about the tour, that's when I'm going to go in and tell them that the tour is what I want, and try to get one release day. Or should I wait until after it's released? I've decided I'm not switching for anything but the tour, so what gives me the most credibility, or I guess a better way of asking is, "What would you do if you were in my situation?"

Remember, I currently have a broken phone that I'm dealing with. I've been dealing with it since January though. Biggest problem is when I talk to people, but mostly I just text, so it's no big deal most of the time, unless I need to talk.
    06-13-09 10:18 PM
    I was in a similar scenerio. I got the storm on launch day and went through 4 of them for various hardware issues. I finally had enough and called verizon to cancel my contract as I was ready to go with the 8900 on at&t. Verizon offered me the 8330 curve as a replacement and said that they would let me get the Tour at the promotional price when it comes out. It seemed like that might be a decent option and I told them I would think about it. Ultimately I decided to stick with my original plan and go with the 8900 and i'm glad i did. it's an awesome phone and I really like having the reliabilty again that was so lacking with storm.
    06-13-09 10:43 PM
    bump 10char
    06-14-09 10:44 AM
    I have to totally agree w/ most of the other people here... Verizon is not going to authorize a "swap" to a handset that hasn't even been released or a definite release date announced as of yet.

However, if you can live /w the Storm a bit longer, you could perhaps "wait it out" and use the Storm a bit longer and after the Tour has been out a few weeks or so ask for a "swap".

However, I agree the Curve, Pearl or anything else that VZW has to offer right now is "old school" and you would be taking a huge step backward!

Just my thoughts for what they are worth!

Good luck w/ whatever you decide to do!
    06-14-09 11:17 AM
    Should I go to verizon now and ask them to let me swap to the tour? Verizon just announced it today it seems. Or should I wait until it's been out?
    06-16-09 10:41 AM
    Curve is the way to go.
    06-16-09 11:37 AM
    no way im getting a curve.

I just need to know if I should wait to go in and talk to them about the tour, or if I should do it today.
    06-16-09 12:29 PM
    no way im getting a curve.

I just need to know if I should wait to go in and talk to them about the tour, or if I should do it today.
    Why not? What have you got to lose?

If possible I would try to talk with the person who authorized your exchange arrangement in the first place.
    06-16-09 01:22 PM
    do not take this offer..there trick is extending your contract
    06-16-09 01:24 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD