Hey guys. New here. I've had the storm since January, and I've been moderately happy. I've had a defective device the entire time that I was told would be fixed with the new operating system release. It wasn't. They replaced my phone, the new devices battery door wouldn't close, so I sent that back, and I got a new device this Monday. Screen has serious clicking problems, and some stuff got under the screen. I dunno. I'm sending it back.

Bottom line, Verizon offered to give me a new phone. I told them I would need to think about what phone I would want, as they said they will give me any similar device. I just don't know what I should ask for. I need something that has full html browser, e-mail, etc. I'd prefer to get away from the touch screen market now. What devices are similar, and wouldn't force me to compromise?
    06-12-09 06:32 PM
    how about the Curve?
    06-12-09 06:33 PM
    see if you can wait for the Tour lol
    06-12-09 06:33 PM
    If you plan to stay with a Berry, you don't have much choice. If you are willing to keep the Storm for a while, I would ask them if they will extend the offer to the Tour when it is released. Worth a try anyway.
    06-12-09 06:35 PM
    how about the Curve?
    I wouldn't trade for the Curve. It's yesterday's technology, IMO.
    06-12-09 06:36 PM
    If you are some what satisfied with a working storm why not just demand a new storm not refurbished?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 06:36 PM
    refurbs can be better than new ones since they go through better testing. Its hit or miss either way.
    06-12-09 06:38 PM
    Wait on the Tour. Tell them that, because everything they have currently is a step back from what "you paid for when you bought into the Storm". Have them document your account as such and wait it out. Have them email or print out a copy of the notes on the account for your own personal records. They shouldn't deny this. If they do, ask for a supervisor to provide the info... they can do it.
    06-12-09 07:07 PM
    Don't think verizon will consider the tour a similar device

06-12-09 07:10 PM
    Don't think verizon will consider the tour a similar device

I'd still give it a go. I mean I'd consider it a similar device.
    06-12-09 07:13 PM
    Why not?... it's the same chipset and you're trading half the screen for the keyboard. Other then that, there's absolutely no difference.
    06-12-09 07:13 PM
    from experience, i know they will not offer you or guarantee you a phone that hasnt even been released yet. look through the phones on vzw site and check out the features for a comparable device that fits your needs and get a new phone while the offer last. just a suggestion, good luck.
    06-12-09 07:38 PM
    mtaylor is correct, you will not be offered a phone that hasn't even been announced yet. If you don't want to keep your Storm your best bet is a Curve.
    06-12-09 07:43 PM
    What if I just waited for the Tour?

You said it's the same thing right?
    06-12-09 07:48 PM
    mtaylor is correct, you will not be offered a phone that hasn't even been announced yet. If you don't want to keep your Storm your best bet is a Curve.
    Curve is such a downgrade. They better give you some money back too or a month of free service. You probably paid more for the Storm then the Curve retails for now (realisticly, not VZW MSRP).
    06-12-09 07:51 PM
    If you take a phone of lesser value you will NOT get a price adjustment AND your upgrade dates will be adjusted. You will not be offered a Tour as it is not in the current product line up. Besides, if it is offered, the rep could become a custmer�

Also, if the offer was made I would not sit on it. You may call in and another supervisor may not honor it as it was not accepted at the time it was made.

If I were you and had the same needs, �full html browser, e-mail, etc. I'd prefer to get away from the touch screen market now.� The curve would be your best bet.. Unless you go WinMo�. Touch Pro?
    06-12-09 11:38 PM
    Do it!

QUOTE=SAPierce2006;2794461]Hey guys. New here. I've had the storm since January, and I've been moderately happy. I've had a defective device the entire time that I was told would be fixed with the new operating system release. It wasn't. They replaced my phone, the new devices battery door wouldn't close, so I sent that back, and I got a new device this Monday. Screen has serious clicking problems, and some stuff got under the screen. I dunno. I'm sending it back.

Bottom line, Verizon offered to give me a new phone. I told them I would need to think about what phone I would want, as they said they will give me any similar device. I just don't know what I should ask for. I need something that has full html browser, e-mail, etc. I'd prefer to get away from the touch screen market now. What devices are similar, and wouldn't force me to compromise?[/QUOTE]

06-13-09 12:16 AM
    Do it!

QUOTE=SAPierce2006;2794461]Hey guys. New here. I've had the storm since January, and I've been moderately happy. I've had a defective device the entire time that I was told would be fixed with the new operating system release. It wasn't. They replaced my phone, the new devices battery door wouldn't close, so I sent that back, and I got a new device this Monday. Screen has serious clicking problems, and some stuff got under the screen. I dunno. I'm sending it back.

Bottom line, Verizon offered to give me a new phone. I told them I would need to think about what phone I would want, as they said they will give me any similar device. I just don't know what I should ask for. I need something that has full html browser, e-mail, etc. I'd prefer to get away from the touch screen market now. What devices are similar, and wouldn't force me to compromise?[/QUOTE]

06-13-09 12:17 AM
    Just got the same offer the other day. But I don't see anything else that I'd swap for right now. Give me a free upgrade to Storm 2 and I'll live with my defective device until its out.

06-13-09 01:29 AM
    If you really can't stand your Storm get a Curve or 8830 and wait, because there is a lot of planed releases for the next few months.
    06-13-09 07:42 AM
    Ask for a storm 2 lol.

06-13-09 08:15 AM
    Get the curve

06-13-09 10:36 AM
    Verizon policy: on third swap you will get a new phone.And no they will not extend the offer. I would go with the Curve if you could get some free accessories,i.e. memory card car charger ect if you really do not want the phone. Tip, find one person that you deal with that you like and get their contact info. Soo much easier than having to go over your story everytime you call.
    06-13-09 10:46 AM
    I wouldn't trade for the Curve. It's yesterday's technology, IMO.
    it is true, but the storm is today's technology

goes to prove newer isn't always better and some older things just work fine
    06-13-09 10:59 AM
    Verizon policy: on third swap you will get a new phone.And no they will not extend the offer. I would go with the Curve if you could get some free accessories,i.e. memory card car charger ect if you really do not want the phone. Tip, find one person that you deal with that you like and get their contact info. Soo much easier than having to go over your story everytime you call.
    I just went to Verizon. They said I have until the last week in August to do this. They offered me the curve or the omnia or something. I dunno. To be honest I just want to get away from the storm. I told them I was going out of town for a few weeks, and will deal with this when I get back. I'm not downgrading, and I've only been getting problems with the storm. I'm just going to wait till the tour is released, and based on the limited list they were willing to swap my device for, I'm going to try to pull teeth and may even go as far as offering to pay a little extra for the tour. If nothing, then I'll go back to a storm, and keep getting them replaced until I get a working device. I'll do it in the store next time, so I can check the screens before they activate the phone to make sure they don't click crappy. Why don't they all click the same?
    06-13-09 12:04 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD