Hello ALL,

I was not sure where to post this so forgive me if its in the wrong section. I am moving to an area where there is very little to no service from verizon. The network extender is suppose to enchance the service but I have a few questions. I have called customer service and all they do is read right off the internet they dont actually know anything regarding the hardware. I was hoping someone here has used this or knows more about it. I was curious if it enchances the data like msging,inet, etc, aswell as phone service or just phone service. Also does it use only verizon towers or does it use other carrier towers because on verizon's website it states that even some phones from other carriers this can work with aswell. Any information would be great thanks for any input

Thanks to all
    03-24-09 09:10 AM
    Hello ALL,

I was not sure where to post this so forgive me if its in the wrong section. I am moving to an area where there is very little to no service from verizon. The network extender is suppose to enchance the service but I have a few questions. I have called customer service and all they do is read right off the internet they dont actually know anything regarding the hardware. I was hoping someone here has used this or knows more about it. I was curious if it enchances the data like msging,inet, etc, aswell as phone service or just phone service. Also does it use only verizon towers or does it use other carrier towers because on verizon's website it states that even some phones from other carriers this can work with aswell. Any information would be great thanks for any input

Thanks to all
    I have had the extender for about a month, it works great! It actually picks up a sattelite signal via a GPS antenna and that's how it improves signal on your device. I had 0 to 2 bars service in my house, now I am around 4 to 5! Try it, you will enjoy the difference!
    03-24-09 09:16 AM
    great thanks now i am trying to get it at a cheaper price i mean 250 is a bit high so its not actually towers its using but actual gps
    Last edited by pmd5498; 03-24-09 at 09:23 AM.
    03-24-09 09:20 AM
    I work for verizon....the network extender increases service 5000 square foot from the device....it does not use towers at all.... What it does is plugs into your broadband connection..if you do not have a broadband connection to the Internet or a aircard your out of luck...you only need to initialize the device with satellites which takes up to an hour. It supports up to 5 calls at once and messaging, but does not support 3g data transfer . And btw there is no monthly cost only the 1 time fee for the equipment. Also you must get the device from vzw since he device must be provisioned on your. Account

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 09:25 AM
    Sorry to kind of hijack the thread, same subject matter though.

Njdevils - If you don't mind my asking... Where did you purchase your extender and how much did it cost?

I really need a solution for poor signal strength in my home that is affordable. I would also like to know what other options one has to strengthen the signal. Other than stand on my head, hold the phone differently, etc. I have tried all of that already. LOL!

Edited to add that I have no pc or broadband, and the signal outside of my house is really strong.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 03-24-09 at 09:28 AM.
    03-24-09 09:25 AM
    I work for verizon....the network extender increases service 5000 square foot from the device....it does not use towers at all.... What it does is plugs into your broadband connection..if you do not have a broadband connection to the Internet or a aircard your out of luck...you only need to initialize the device with satellites which takes up to an hour. It supports up to 5 calls at once and messaging, but does not support 3g data transfer . And btw there is no monthly cost only the 1 time fee for the equipment. Also you must get the device from vzw since he device must be provisioned on your. Account

Maybe you should read the specs on this (Unless they updated it).

Traffic Channel:

Up to three simultaneous users (a fourth channel is reserved for emergency (E911) calls).
    03-24-09 09:31 AM
    thanks for the info guys to bad its so expensive but its worth it
    03-24-09 09:42 AM
    4 lines with 1. 911 line.....maybe that info hasn't been updated

03-24-09 09:57 AM
    fyi..if You refer a friend you can get 25.00 credit on your Verizon bill. Offer is until 6/30..
    04-01-09 03:46 PM
    you only need to initialize the device with satellites which takes up to an hour.
    Once initialized, does it need continuous GPS access? Reason I ask is because I'm looking to use the Network Extender in a basement that gets no signal...no cell signal, no tv/radio broadcast signal, no GPS signal...nothing. I was thinking maybe I could initialize it up stairs and then move it to the basement.

Thanks!
    04-01-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD