Hey guys,

I was wondering do you think that they will take back my phone? I didnt notice that the camera doesnt work, until wanting to use it on halloween. The pics came out all fuzzy compared to my first storm.

My first storm i had to replace for god knows what, the screen turned buggy and would highlight wrong, when my finger was at one side of the screen it would light up the other.

I replaced that phone with the one i have now, complaining how the screen was messed up, and wouldnt let me scroll anymore.

They replaced it on the spot, but said next time it will cost me. With that said, I didnt notice it until now, and its almost been 2 months, will they take it back do you guys think??
    11-02-09 08:34 PM
    They should. The phone itself has a one year warranty on it i believe (correct me if i am wrong) But VZW is normally very good about taking care of it customers.
    11-02-09 09:50 PM
    Ok, cool. I'll see if they can tomorrow. I have insurance, but i dont want to pay the deductable!!
    11-02-09 11:07 PM
    the phone is covered under a 1 year warranty policy. You will not get a brand new phone, it will be refurbished. But they will replace it as many times as you have issues. Granted, if you get up to 7 phones, it will start to get suspicious, and they'll start wondering why, however each rep is really only going to care about your current phone. They won't even investigate how many you've had unless you ask for a new one instead. Also, make sure you contact tech support and not customer care (if you're calling in.) Customer care may charge up to $9 for the replacement, where as tech will replace as long as it can't be fixed within that 1 year period.
    11-02-09 11:13 PM
    Customer care may charge up to $9 for the replacement, where as tech will replace as long as it can't be fixed within that 1 year period.
    who are you? care will NOT charge you if you are within that 1yr, or have ext warranty. you're going to confuse people with that statement. the only time your gonna pay $9 is if you want it overnighted.
    11-02-09 11:17 PM
    Thanks guys!
    11-03-09 12:32 PM
    If you have a bit of a rant at them you may even get a different handset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 12:44 PM
    who are you? care will NOT charge you if you are within that 1yr, or have ext warranty. you're going to confuse people with that statement. the only time your gonna pay $9 is if you want it overnighted.
    Tech support will overnight free of charge.
    11-10-09 04:29 PM
    You could also try going in to the camera settings and turning on auto focus.
    11-10-09 04:31 PM
    I went to Verizon today and they are sending me Storm #4. All replaced for different reasons. The tech told me BB sends a new phone now because it cost to much to refurb.

Piano Man
    11-10-09 07:41 PM
    I went to Verizon today and they are sending me Storm #4. All replaced for different reasons. The tech told me BB sends a new phone now because it cost to much to refurb.

Piano Man
    This is what I really don't understand. How many can they send you before enough is enough?
    11-10-09 07:44 PM
    I just
    went through this when I had to replace my first storm forjava.null and java.nullpoint errors. the phone is under warranty for 1 year from the original purchase date, which allows for replacement with refurbished phones. However, should you need to have your phone replaced 3 times, then you are eligible for a new one (not refurbished). If you get a replacement phone at the end of your 1 year warranty, you have 90 days on that one.
    Hope that helps!

Hey guys,

I was wondering do you think that they will take back my phone? I didnt notice that the camera doesnt work, until wanting to use it on halloween. The pics came out all fuzzy compared to my first storm...

They replaced it on the spot, but said next time it will cost me. With that said, I didnt notice it until now, and its almost been 2 months, will they take it back do you guys think??
    11-10-09 08:16 PM
    They will take it back every single time without hesitation.

If you return it three times within two months they will let you upgrade to a different phone for free.

GO DROID!!!

$Matt
    11-11-09 10:23 AM
    When in doubt, talk to a manager or supervisor. As long as your professional, you'll usually get what you want. If they wont give in, just start jabbering about how much your dissatisfied and going to go elsewhere, of your on the phone, threaten to cancel your contract and go to another carrier, I've been a retail manager for about a decade, its easier to take care of the customer than deal with the headache.

Just my advice
    11-11-09 11:06 AM
    They will take it back every single time without hesitation.

If you return it three times within two months they will let you upgrade to a different phone for free.

GO DROID!!!

$Matt
    Resets your NE2 though
    11-11-09 12:03 PM
    1 yr warranty...this is ma 2nd storm - -*
    11-11-09 12:34 PM
    I got the storm due to taking back the Dare 3 times. Just call cs and they will note your account. yes it does move your new evry two though.
    11-11-09 12:59 PM
    I got the storm due to taking back the Dare 3 times. Just call cs and they will note your account. yes it does move your new evry two though.
    If your phone sucks it can be worth it though
    11-12-09 05:50 AM
    Dont let them BS u ..... do not walk out the store with a phone u dont want ....i had the 1 they replaced it .....then talked me into some samsung phone ..... well after alot of talking they did give me the storm 2 which works fine ....... stand ur g.....round ..... intimidate dont be intmidated ...dont back down
    11-12-09 07:09 AM
    YEA!!!! treat em like crap.....see how far you get...........you always catch more flies with honey. Trust me, I have been on the end of 1000s of calls. guess who gets a new phone ,and who gets the refurb
    Last edited by sorlipm; 11-12-09 at 08:09 AM.
    11-12-09 08:03 AM
    I'm one of the original people who the got the Storm the first week it came out. I just received my 5th replacement in one year. I'm sick and tired of waiting software updates all the time to polish this turd. As much as you polish a turd its still a turd. I've had all sorts of issues with the storm from not clicking to overheating. This is my last replacement, I've been through many representatives and the last one told me if your unsatisfied with the one I send you after activating it and using call me back we will try to get you into another phone. Guess what i just activated it and Verizon started putting padding under the battery to help the clicking..but it still wont click fine. The storm one in general is a disaster for Verizon and a shame to be called a blackberry..thats my 2 cents
    12-08-09 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD