If I delete VZ Nav will it ruin my other GPS apps? I love my BB maps and google maps but I really want to free up my memory by deleting VZ Nav because I will never use it.
    11-24-08 07:15 PM
    deleted VZNav and used BB maps all the way to work and back today. No issue (make sure you delete it from application menu not homescreen).
    11-24-08 07:17 PM
    nope. Delete it and you'll be happier with the OS. Mine was laggy since I got it as I hid VZNav (I meant to delete it but accidentally hit Hide) rather than deleting.

Deleted this morning and while my storm is still not perfect, I'd say it's at least 10x better.

Besides, 10 months of VZNav = a very suitable Garmin, TomTom, etc.....why pay monthly for something you can get for a one time fee?
    11-24-08 07:19 PM
    nope. Delete it and you'll be happier with the OS. Mine was laggy since I got it as I hid VZNav (I meant to delete it but accidentally hit Hide) rather than deleting.

Deleted this morning and while my storm is still not perfect, I'd say it's at least 10x better.

Besides, 10 months of VZNav = a very suitable Garmin, TomTom, etc.....why pay monthly for something you can get for a one time fee?
    Did you delete by just going to the Options > Applications and removing them there, or via the desktop manager?
    11-24-08 07:27 PM
    I don't mean to hijack your thread but has anyone else noticed that the GPS gets you close but not as accurate as the GPS on the curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 07:33 PM
    Ok thanks guys I just deleted it and WOW the forums aren't kidding. Deleting this app really makes it better. I am able to pull up apps so much more quickly. Thanks to all at Crackberry!!
    11-24-08 07:34 PM
    tap it (don't click) then click the blackberry button and then Delete

you can always get it back if for whatever reason you do want/need it (though you wont if you get a REAL GPS).

I don't mean to hijack your thread but has anyone else noticed that the GPS gets you close but not as accurate as the GPS on the curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

That's because they have a-GPS locked for VZNav, regular is for everything else....you just don't get voice with regular maps...least that's how I understood it coming up to launch date.
    11-24-08 07:35 PM
    yuup phone works waaaaay better with out it .
    11-24-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD