I am in Blackberry Storm ****.

I have had a Storm for just over a year and I am going to be getting my 5th Storm due to failure of the device.

1st = SIMcard and touch screen failure
    2nd = Speaker failure
    3rd = Speaker and touch screen failure
    4th = Data and power port not working

The 4th and current storm I have only had for 2 weeks and the port has never worked. If it were not for my ext charger I bought here I would be out of luck.

I have for the first time really cared for the storms. I never tried to take care of my phones before (going back to the days of bag phones). But I love my storm or should I say the idea of it anyway. The Storm reminds me of Windows95. Great idea but worked like crap.

Here is what I would like to know. After this many phones will Verizon (if I push it, and I will) upgrade me to the Storm2 and is it worth it?

I have got to do something about this. It takes days to get all my apps back and get stuff how I like it when they change out my phone. Even using the data back up it still takes days. I am a machinist and my Blackberry is a big part of my day. I do all I can to keep it safe (and I do well I think).

Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks for your input guys and gals.
    03-11-10 05:13 PM
    I don't know about Verzion but it sounds to me like the storm isn't for you. Upgrading to Storm 2 is definitely worth doing but maybe you should go for a more well rounded/solid BlackBerry like the Curve or maybe Bold. The Storm and Storm 2 are great phones, but great for different reasons.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 05:22 PM
    there's no harm in trying to get a S2, i think it depends on the VZW location though. I tried to switch my wifes S1 after it failed...that was after it only failed once though . I've read posts (don't remember if it was on CB) where people have been successful in switching their S1 for an S2 after multiple failed S1's. go for it!
    03-11-10 05:43 PM
    I moved to S2 a last week. I upgraded the OS to .451 and have been a happy camper
    03-11-10 05:49 PM
    I moved to S2 a last week. I upgraded the OS to .451 and have been a happy camper
    Due to multiple 9530 failures or you just happened to upgrade?
    03-11-10 07:06 PM
    I had a Storm for 3 days...returned it. Now it's 9700 all the way.
    03-11-10 07:14 PM
    I had a Storm for 3 days...returned it. Now it's 9700 all the way.
    Still interested in spending your time on the storm forum though LMAO

03-11-10 07:27 PM
    Due to multiple 9530 failures or you just happened to upgrade?
    Mine storm 1 was never replaced. I bought my storm 2 from criagslist. Sold My storm 1 for 125.00
    03-11-10 08:12 PM
    Thanks very much for all the great info guys. I am going to try to get them to upgrade me. I will post how it turns out.

Thanks again.

03-12-10 06:49 AM
    I am on my 3rd S1 and I am suppose to contact the rep by email if this devices acts like the others....he did state that if this one gives me the same issues then he would replace it with a brand new device but which one that would be i don't know... so far this device is giving me the same issues *memory Leak and it conts to freeze up on me when I need to place a call.... very frustrating
    03-12-10 08:56 AM
    I am on my 3rd S1 and I am suppose to contact the rep by email if this devices acts like the others....he did state that if this one gives me the same issues then he would replace it with a brand new device but which one that would be i don't know... so far this device is giving me the same issues *memory Leak and it conts to freeze up on me when I need to place a call.... very frustrating
    The memory leak might be easy to resolve. What OS do you have? What apps do you have? Do you have any themes?
    03-12-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD