I bought a Blackberry Storm 9530 off of a friend for $50 because his screen was demolished. I bought a new screen and fixed everything. I ran a Master Reset and basically I now have a clean fully working Blackberry Storm 9530 that's locked to Verizon.

So far I've been surfing your forums here and have come to two conclusions. The MFI Multiloader I was originally brought to believe would help me unlock my Blackberry apparently won't recognize the device. There's a bunch of shady dealers with a gigantic range of prices to unlock my Blackberry using my IMEI number.

I'd like to find out a couple things. First is there an alternative or a mod that can be done to the MFI Multiloader to make it compatible with my Blackberry? Secondly, if that is 100% not possible who should I go with to unlock my phone? I want it done as cheap as possible and done by a reliable and reputable source. Any fingers in the right direction would be amazing.

I'd like to do it myself as I've done everything myself when it comes to phone / console / handheld / etc...modding / hacking. If some unknown can use my IMEI number to unlock my Blackberry than why could I not learn to do the same?

Thanks for all your help in advance! I look forward to participating in any way I can.
    10-11-09 04:26 PM
    do already have a verizon account?
    10-11-09 04:29 PM
    No, I am currently under contract with AT&T Wireless. I used to have an account with Verizon but they gave me too much guff and hassle when it came to...Well, just about everything. I tried placing a call to Verizon to ask them to unlock it for me but they obviously wouldn't help me with anything and went so far as to call me a thief (not directly but it was their obvious intent). Is there any more information I could provide you with?
    10-11-09 04:33 PM
    Does the person you got the 9530 from still have an active Verizon account? If so he can call Customer Care, ask for global services, and request an unlock code for your phone. Provide him with your PIN and, just in case, your IMEI - though they should be able to look up the device by PIN. If THAT doesn't work you may be stuck with paying to have it unlocked. There's a whole section of the CB forums dedicated to cell unlocking companies. If you go that route I'd just read up as much as you can on reviews and pick the best fit for you. Hope that helps, and good luck.
    10-11-09 04:51 PM
    Unfortunately I didn't know this ahead of time. I got my friend to switch to AT&T with me. Do you have an account with Verizon? Perhaps you'd like to call on my behalf, hahaha. No, I couldn't expect that from you. Any recommendations as to the company I should pay? I need it as cheap as possible and I need it to be unlocked for ALL GSM carriers and not just one. Thanks.
    10-11-09 04:58 PM
    you could try HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center � not sure how good they are but there are plenty of unlocking services out there.
    10-11-09 05:09 PM
    Thank you, Paul. Have you rendered services from this company before? What can you say towards their reliability?

My other line of questioning still stands. If I can pay someone to generate a code for me then what stands in front of my ability to do so myself?

Thanks in advance to everyone!
    10-11-09 05:37 PM
    I dont know how to do it yourself. And No I havent used them in the past. You might try and look at this thread and see if anything in here helps.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/953...osting-328759/
    10-11-09 06:01 PM
    I bought a Blackberry Storm 9530 off of a friend for $50 because his screen was demolished. I bought a new screen and fixed everything. I ran a Master Reset and basically I now have a clean fully working Blackberry Storm 9530 that's locked to Verizon.

So far I've been surfing your forums here and have come to two conclusions. The MFI Multiloader I was originally brought to believe would help me unlock my Blackberry apparently won't recognize the device. There's a bunch of shady dealers with a gigantic range of prices to unlock my Blackberry using my IMEI number.

I'd like to find out a couple things. First is there an alternative or a mod that can be done to the MFI Multiloader to make it compatible with my Blackberry? Secondly, if that is 100% not possible who should I go with to unlock my phone? I want it done as cheap as possible and done by a reliable and reputable source. Any fingers in the right direction would be amazing.

I'd like to do it myself as I've done everything myself when it comes to phone / console / handheld / etc...modding / hacking. If some unknown can use my IMEI number to unlock my Blackberry than why could I not learn to do the same?

Thanks for all your help in advance! I look forward to participating in any way I can.
    I unlocked my phone myself using a code purchased from ebay/ w instructions

Blowfish06 is the vender.
    10-11-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks again. At first glance I didn't see anything in that thread that would help me until AFTER I had my Blackberry unlocked but I'll be sure to refer to it once I figure that out. Thanks again, Paul.

My inquiry still stands to anyone else who would like to kick in on the discussion. Also, if there are any other methods I could use that I'm not currently aware of I'd love to hear about it. I'm still hoping on some kind-hearted forum dweller that has an account with Verizon to stumble upon my thread and offer to speak with them on my behalf, hahaha. I can dream...
    10-11-09 06:22 PM
    I unlocked my phone myself using a code purchased from ebay/ w instructions

Blowfish06 is the vender.
    How much we talking? Also, if you could link me to a direct auction I'd be appreciative. Thanks.
    10-11-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD