I just got the leather pouch from verizon for $25 and it pushed the screen all the way in when I took my phone out. I can not click on it. The screen is now clickable but not as good as before.

I should able to get a phone exchanged, right?
    12-12-08 10:29 PM
    the screw trick worked great for me
    12-12-08 10:34 PM
    Umm...anyone else with this experience? I was going to get the leather pouch too but not if it breaks the screen.
    12-12-08 10:36 PM
    I already did the screw trick on mine. The problem is the screen is now slow in rebounding from my click.... if I type the word "duck", it cannot sense the k after i hit the c unless i wait. It's just not as fast as it used to be.

I'm gonna return the **ck up pouch for sure!

the screw trick worked great for me
    12-12-08 10:39 PM
    I am not sure how the pouch could effect your screen. If you are carrying it on your belt perhaps you leaned against something or compressed it in some other way to cause the screen issues?
    12-12-08 10:43 PM
    I just put my phone in and wait 30 sec, take it out. The screen will get stuck... is this a feature!?

I am not sure how the pouch could effect your screen. If you are carrying it on your belt perhaps you leaned against something or compressed it in some other way to cause the screen issues?
    12-12-08 10:44 PM
    is it a verizon pouch or a blackberry brand pouch?
    12-12-08 10:46 PM
    Blackberry branded sold from verizon

is it a verizon pouch or a blackberry brand pouch?
    12-12-08 10:59 PM
    odd. i bought the blackberry branded pouch from the VZ store (well, exchanged it after the girl sold me an 8830 pouch on launch day), and it's been faithfully clipped to my belt, and my phone in and out of it numerous times a day, and I haven't experienced any issues so far.
    12-12-08 11:32 PM
    I had the OEM Blackberry Leather Holster and I think it contributed to my "END" key falling off after only having had the phone for 4 days. It was too tight, seemed like it was getting caught every time you put it in/pulled it out.
    12-13-08 01:26 AM
    Great...i was just going to buy that pouch.

Which one did you have? The one with the metal bb logo or w/o?

12-13-08 02:04 AM
    i dont have either, i have the one with the magnetic flap. and it works great. its not too tight, and works fantastic.
    12-13-08 04:31 AM
    i think its this one:

Enter your location

works great.
    12-13-08 04:34 AM
    I had the OEM Blackberry Leather Holster and I think it contributed to my "END" key falling off after only having had the phone for 4 days. It was too tight, seemed like it was getting caught every time you put it in/pulled it out.
    When using the holster the first day I ran into this problem and my end key loosened slightly but did not fall off. What I do now is put the phone in upside down so that the keys are not actually going into the pouch. I wish I had done that at first since now the end key has a small amount of play if I try to wiggle it with my thumb. Otherwise the phone I have is fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 06:12 AM
    I bought the VZW BlackBerry Storm holster on launch day. I do not like it. It seems to fit too tight.

I have been using my OEM 8330 leather case and it works great! It fits perfectly and easy to get in and out. I would consider this for your Storms. You can find them on ebay brand new for about $10. Its made of soft leather and only gets better with use.
    12-13-08 06:38 AM

I have been using my OEM 8330 leather case and it works great! It fits perfectly and easy to get in and out. I would consider this for your Storms. You can find them on ebay brand new for about $10. Its made of soft leather and only gets better with use.
    Is this the one that has built-in indentations that run along the inside of the case to protect the trackball and if so, does that matter for the Storm?
    12-13-08 07:38 AM
    Would the belt clip be a better option then?
    12-13-08 07:48 AM
    When using the holster the first day I ran into this problem and my end key loosened slightly but did not fall off. What I do now is put the phone in upside down so that the keys are not actually going into the pouch. I wish I had done that at first since now the end key has a small amount of play if I try to wiggle it with my thumb. Otherwise the phone I have is fantastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My new BlackBerry holster (bought at Verizon) broke my end button within 20 minutes of the purchase. I got them to replace the phone with a new one. I'd go back and demand a new phone because some of these holsters are defective. And Verizon knows it.
    12-13-08 07:55 AM
    Either way - the phone is still under warranty. They'll replace it.
    12-13-08 07:58 AM
    I just ordered the blackberry fip case with the belt clip attatched from ebay. I had that with the curve and world edition and it seemed to work good. I had no problems with it at all. I will see how it holds up to the storm. Although the hardware on my storm seems very firm. I have no problems.
    12-13-08 09:20 AM
    on the topics of cases, does anyone have the clear plastic case frmo verizon? does it have a belt clip on it or not? im lookin for a hard plastic case with no clip, just a regular back. any suggestions?
    12-13-08 09:24 AM
    using a 8800 ser holster from best buy and is much better and not as tight works great much better than holster bought from VZW
    12-13-08 09:34 AM
    yes i bought the BB branded one with the top flap as well and it was way to tight, it actually ended up snagging my green call button and almost ripped it off making me need a replacement. The phone was absolutely flawless until this. I just hope the replacement isn't a dud like I been hearing about.
    12-13-08 09:39 AM
    I bought my phone my best buy, and luckily they have one in stock and exchanged it. The lady was giving me hard time......

Any suggestion for a good holster? I don't want to break it again.
    12-13-08 09:52 AM
    yes i bought the BB branded one with the top flap as well and it was way to tight, it actually ended up snagging my green call button and almost ripped it off making me need a replacement. The phone was absolutely flawless until this. I just hope the replacement isn't a dud like I been hearing about.
    its funny u said that, my green button doesnt line up with the rest of the buttons, thought that it was weird or maybe just a defect but now im wondering if it has to do with the case???
    12-13-08 10:03 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD