I bought my Storm just before Thanksgiving using my New Every 2, and received it about a week and a half ago.
    Today I received a card in the mail advertising a Verizon Wireless holiday sale, with an extra $50 off the Storm for NE2 eligible folks:
    $50 NE2
    $50 mailin debit card
    $50 "Special Holiday Offer"

for a net price of $99.99.
    I called Verizon customer service asking that I receive the credit, since I just bought the phone. The agent flatly told me they can't issue a credit for a phone that's already been purchased.
    While I understand what he's saying, the fact is they're trying to push sales of this phone against a tide of negative reviews. It feels like a slap in the face for them to lower the price, almost like "Ha, ha, we made you pay more!"
    Guess I could return the phone, wait 3 days to avoid the restocking fee, and then buy it again at the discount. I'm used to Verizon having great customer service. This just feels boneheaded.
    Last edited by untorqued; 12-13-08 at 01:37 PM. Reason: erroneously said "Blackberry" instead of "Storm" in the title
    12-13-08 01:36 PM
    If you have enough time and stay on the phone long enough they will give you the money. Just keep getting transferred up the ladder and then threaten to get an Iphone. Not to mention this will be extremely bad for business once it hits the news ;-)
    12-13-08 01:38 PM
    This is part of what it means to be an early adopter. You pay a premium to have a device before most everyone else. If you don't like it, don't buy things as soon as they come out.
    12-13-08 01:43 PM
    yep, you paid the early adopter tax my friend!
    12-13-08 01:43 PM
    Untorqued, ShowtimeRR is right. I have dealt with Verizon a lot. Their customer service likes to do that and they will take advantage of you if they can. I would keep calling and ask to speak to their manager and remember if you have had the phone less than 30 days... you can return it. Tell them you will just return the phone, get your money back. If that doesn't work, why don't you just return it then buy it again for that price. I don't think you would need to resort to that, as I am sure you don't want to as you paid an activation fee which I am also sure they won't give back to you. You should be able to get that credited if you keep calling.
    12-13-08 01:48 PM
    I don't understand the logic of the responses so far. For any product you buy in a store if it goes on sale within 30 days you can take in your receipt and get the difference. I'm a bargain hunter so I've done this many times.

I am a new verizon customer so the ne2 plan is new to me. I'd most definitely try another rep.
    12-13-08 01:52 PM
    quit complaining
    12-13-08 01:55 PM
    What about online orders can ustill take the reciept in and get the difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 02:03 PM
    I don't understand the logic of the responses so far. For any product you buy in a store if it goes on sale within 30 days you can take in your receipt and get the difference. I'm a bargain hunter so I've done this many times.

I am a new verizon customer so the ne2 plan is new to me. I'd most definitely try another rep.
    I think the problem is the sense of entitlement the OP seems to feel to this discounted price. If you buy something as soon as it comes out, you have to expect to be paying a premium for it.

I get that it sucks having something go on sale shortly after you bought it, but that's life. Every time you buy something you take your chances that it will drop in price at a later date. But I don't really see what the problem is... Clearly the OP and everyone else who already has a Storm, was quite willing to pay the $200 price tag to have it. Some were even willing to buy it at full retail price up to $600, and more on ebay. Whatever you paid for it, obviously you felt it was a fair price or you would have waited.

Be happy that you have your Storm and stop worrying about whether or not someone else got it a little cheaper. More than that, stop acting like you're entitled to some kind of refund.
    12-13-08 02:04 PM
    About a week after I bought my Omnia Verizon dropped the price.
    I called customer service about something totally different, they noticed the price had been dropped and credited me with the price difference.
    12-13-08 02:04 PM
    I just ordered mine yesterday, nothing was said about another $50 discount, but they did give me the rebate on the spot, so I paid $199. If they are offering a special, they should give it to phone orders also. It took me about 45 min just to get this deal, because my 2 yrs isnt up, so Im not going to call and go thru another long call to try in get the new sale price.
    12-13-08 02:06 PM
    Hmmm....so how much is it?

At Verizon store I paid $200.00 for mine. They waived the rebate, so therefore i guess i got the sale price right?
    12-13-08 02:09 PM

Yesterday I got gas at the local Exxon station. Today I see its 5 cents cheaper. Those bastards won't give me a credit.........why?
    12-13-08 02:13 PM
    Excuse my but the beauty of the whole thing is you can return your phone under the 30day worry free guarantee then go right back and buy it with the discount... if you point that out to them, they will most likely just give you the credit. Btw BULLcrap on the early adopters tax.
    12-13-08 02:29 PM
    quit complaining
    They aren't complaining, they are taking advantage of what Verizon offers - a return and price match policy.

I think the problem is the sense of entitlement the OP seems to feel to this discounted price. If you buy something as soon as it comes out, you have to expect to be paying a premium for it..... More than that, stop acting like you're entitled to some kind of refund.
    They are entitled to the price adjustment. They are still within 30 days of purchase, which means they can return it and repurchase for the new price. Every store that has a return period also offers a "price match" for a sale price. How is that wrong? It's not like they purchased 45 days ago and now want to get that special price.

Yesterday I got gas at the local Exxon station. Today I see its 5 cents cheaper. Those bastards won't give me a credit.........why?
    Because you cannot return gas.
    Last edited by howie; 12-13-08 at 02:43 PM.
    12-13-08 02:37 PM
    lol...nope, that won't work.

Derek--with online orders I would contact customer service or take it to their physical store. Had to do this with walmart.
    12-13-08 02:40 PM
    Where can you find that 'Verizon Holiday Special' rebate for the Storm?
    12-13-08 02:41 PM
    Where can you find that 'Verizon Holiday Special' rebate for the Storm?
    It doesn't exist. Someone is stirring up crap here today. Let me rephrase that....scan please O.P.
    12-13-08 02:51 PM
    so since im eligible for NE2 on the 21st, i should be able to get it for 99.99 or is this "special holiday offer" only for certain people?
    12-13-08 02:52 PM
    I can't find any info to back up the holiday sale @ VZW. OP, wanna post the link or pic of said coupon to get the extra $50 off?

VZW website says nothing about a Holiday sale on the Storm. I did get something in mail a month ago about the holiday sale, but the booklet said nothing about an additional $50 off, after $50 rebate + new every 1 or 2 discount.

I paid $149.99 (after $50 mail in rebate + $50 new every 1) but if I can get another $50 off I'm not going to complain
    12-13-08 03:06 PM
    Unless you just woke up from a coma, it's not unusual to pay top dollar for the "luxury" of being 1st.
    And don't tell me that you didn't think VZW would have a sale after the initial "rush" was over.
    Give me a break.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 03:15 PM
    They are entitled to the price adjustment. They are still within 30 days of purchase, which means they can return it and repurchase for the new price. Every store that has a return period also offers a "price match" for a sale price. How is that wrong? It's not like they purchased 45 days ago and now want to get that special price.
    That's something a particular store/merchant may or may NOT choose to offer. And with the $35 restocking fee, not to mention the activation fee on a new phone, you've likely cost yourself more than the $50 you're trying to save.

You are NOT entitled to anything here. If you want to ask and see if they'll give it to you anyway, that's between you and the merchant. If the merchant decides to give you the discount, that is their prerogative, just like if they decide not to. Keep in mind they are under no obligation to sell to you period. If you return your purchase, they could simply refuse to sell you a new one at the lower price. Most won't, but it's always a possibility. They could give you the money back for the return and then boot you right on out of the store and refuse to sell you anything ever again.

The fact remains you were willing to pay the $200 to have it this close to launch. Just think of that $50 as the price you pay to be able to show off your new status symbol for an extra 4-5 weeks. It's 4-5 weeks you've been able to act like a pompous Storm owning arse that non-Storm owners haven't.

And completely off topic here, but can it be made so that this idiotic automated censor is made an option in the individual user preferences? You know, so those of us who are adults can assume the risk of having our ears bleeding because we saw a few choice words? If someone is so delicate that feel they need to be protected from people saying "bad" things, they can switch this feature on. Then the rest of us, who don't give a crap, can actually see what a person said instead of a bunch of ******* garbage.
    12-13-08 03:19 PM
    i got it for 99 on Dec 1st..without NE2( on a family plan and not the main line)..DID I receive the special Price...
    12-13-08 03:22 PM
    The holiday special is probably just a mailer. They may be targeting customers who are only eligible for the 50 NE2, thus making the price 99. Many of us paid 99 with the different discounts, with the 50 rebate plus my 100 NE2 I paid 99 also.

Prices may vary also based on where you order the phone, the store having 1 deal, the phone in CS another, and online a 3rd. Often online is your cheapest option, but not always. Shop around!
    12-13-08 03:28 PM
    quit complaining
    Quit posting worthless comments that have nothing to do with the topic as hand. Read your own comment and be quiet.

Call VZW and keep talking to different reps, I'm sure you can get something out of it.
    12-13-08 03:35 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD